Mooloolaba this weekend 4/4

goat_man_baa

Was planning on fishing the Gold Coast this weekend to see if pelagics are still around but this big swell might be a bit much so was wondering what the sunshine coast is fishing like. Have never fished up there before but have heard plenty of good reports. Any info would be good. And does anyone know where that big bait school is or if it's still around? Cheers

We fished off caloundra a few weeks ago and covered a lot of ground, and there wasn't a heap of bait around or we couldn't find it.
/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=237&func=view&catid=58&id=173567

I don't think the sunshine coast is going to be fishable offshore this weekend either. 3+ m waves forecast.

goat_man_baa wrote:

Has the oil spill made things a bit quiet up there?

I doubt it.

The water out wider was beautiful electric blue. In closer around 12 mile it was a bit green (not unusual) but plenty of small reefies biting. Just not much quality.

I'm thinking about going kayaking off caloundra this weekend, weather looks pretty good (well swell and wind looks good! not so much the rain)

Apparently the water up that way is very dirty with the large amounts of rain they've had.

Not sure if I'll still go... maybe

If I go it'll be the sunday. 3.5m swell and <10 knots predicted - sounds good! B)

Option a) surf launch. Not really any difference here, other than the waves are bigger. Just go hard and go straight. Don't look back until you're all the way out

Option B) at caloundra, just use the caloundra headland boat ramp. It's usually a lot more sheltered here, however sometimes theres some nasty waves smashin on the boat ramp. Wait for a break in the swell then head out.

I don't think the size of the swell really mattesr too much to our launching and landing options.

Archived