Broadwater Breaming

plugga

hey All,

Got back from broadwater today, bourght 3 decent bream back with us (40cm).

Caught a couple of rays, Shovel nose shark, moses perch. Dismorning i flick a few plastic up on the bank for the flattys i got a couple of hit and knocks, but no fish.

(I gained ALOT OF CONFERDENTS)

Highlight of the trip a mate of mine dad lost his $600 combo, some big creature pulled it straight out of the rod holder. :laugh:

Great fun chasing the BIG Bream :)

THX

PLUGGa

Yeh HB's and SP's, fished currumbin creek, lake Orr and Varsity lakes and managed to rack up

1 whole undersized flathead for the morning.............. :(

As soon as i saw the water at first spot down in currumbin crk i knew it was gonna be a tuff fish....

yeh i know, but hey..i'm an optimist............ sometimes...........;-P hahaha

Plugga i had two rods with me, 1 for HB and 1 for SP, so i could alternate quickly between the two. I worked each rod for 15 mins in an area.

Plastic rod i was using Gulp 3" minnow in chatreuse, and the HB rod i went thru quite a range of lures, but got the flattie on first cast with a Gold/Orange Daiwa SC Shiner Super Lite.

Coz of the murky water i was trying to use as bright colours as i could, but yeh it was just too fresh and muddy....

There was something boofing some small baitfish around Varsity though, probably trevally, but i couldnt entice a bite....

Archived