schultz 18.04 AM

novrain

Been thinking about fishing the whole week so made up my mind to get up early saturday morning and try and get some time on the water.

got up at 5, left house at 6 and got to schultz at about 645. parked along nudgee at the surf shop and walked through the tall grass and down the pipe thingie. was going to use soft plastics and hard bodies but had a small pkt of prawns in my backpack, just in case.

have been a couple of times to schultz before but didn't trek that far from the two bridges so the objective this time was to try and explore as much of schultz as possible. there was someone under the bridge fishing as well but he was too far away and i didn't feel like walking over.

rigged up on a 4inch powerbait smelt and started peppering the water just after the 2 bridges. there were lots of swirls on the water and lots of movement in the water but no go. water looked pretty green initially but started turning brown as the day went.

lots of cyclists at that time of the morning. I just carried on walking along the waters edge and cast at every snag or fallen branch in the water. i suspect most of the movement in the water was mullet and there were a couple of big ones jumping around.

casted in front as i moved but didn't get a touch on anything. there were a couple of crab pots tied to the side but i didn't touch them.

carried on walking and casting till i got to the first bridge, cast the retrieve there but nothing. carried on walking, changed to a prawnstar and carried on casting. nothing going.

carried on walking and still casting. there were a couple of landmarks which i started making a mental note of as it was the first time i had gone that far. carried on to where the metal signs said 'no anchor,cable crossing' or something to that extent. there were some trolleys and some big metal stuff (i presume car bodies) but again, no touch.

some dude suddenly appeared behind me and said 'those crab pots are mine, don't touch them'. i said 'don't worry, they're all yours'

at this time, i had changed to a gold bomber look a like. carried on walking till the bike path veered away from the water so i carried on walking along the edge. into the bushes, crossed some small streams pouring into the canal and still no bites. was getting frustrating.

carried on walking, came upon this big dried up fish head, looked like a flattie but could be a cattie, too decomposed to tell.

still trudged on, walked through the trees and walked past a long driveway on the left and could see people working way down the left. another landmark to note is this fully rust encrusted 'toy car' looking thing on the ground, could be some electrical wire thing but looked like a big metal toy car.

came to another stream and had to walk over the rocks. just before i walked over, i cast the hard body into the stream on the left and hit it too hard, got caught in a tree. had to cross the rocks gingerly and retrieve it. couldn't get hold of the branch but some kind soul had left this red and blue rope hanging on the tree. tied a rock to the end and swung it over the branch, pulled it down after some effort and put rope back where it was. carried on walking. this time decided to change to a 4" translucent plastic. still no touches.

landmark at this stage is a white plastic chair.

carried on walking and still casting, must have done close to thousand (kidding...) finally came to a concrete platform and couldn't walk further. could see a 'barge' looking thing near a bridge. Is this the sunken barge everyone's talking about? can someone enlighten?

this trip now turned into more of an exploration trip than fishing.

time now was around 915. got a call from missus and trudged all the way back. had a couple more casts under the bridge but water was too shallow. called it a day, headed back to car.

no fish but all in all, a beautiful morning.

am I missing some of the fishier spots cos i was expecting something at the very least as this is the first time i've walked away from schultz empty handed.

long report but thanks for reading.

davefishmad wrote:

novrain wrote:
today's 18.04

I went this morning thus AM

thanks rocket - :)

6 this morning is 6:00 AM

there is no such thing as 18:00 AM

dave

Bro 18 04 is the date today dude not the time :laugh: I have had many a donut session at the shultz novrain so its nothing new mate.Over fished is my asumption :(

Dean ;)

LMFAO...it is strange how some people who crab alot think that even when you are motoring past their crab pots which happen to be set in the channel you are obviously out there with no other intention than to steal their pots. Have a had a few run ins with these kinds of idiots in the Logan River at night, think they need to relax.

kiwifisho wrote:

davefishmad wrote:
novrain wrote:
today's 18.04

I went this morning thus AM

thanks rocket - :)

6 this morning is 6:00 AM

there is no such thing as 18:00 AM

dave

Bro 18 04 is the date today dude not the time :laugh: I have had many a donut session at the shultz novrain so its nothing new mate.Over fished is my asumption :(

Dean ;)

OK

I will explain one more time for the einsteins in the room.

If youy refer to AM or PM it is not a date it is a time,a 24 hour time period,of which any hour after 12:00 is PM.

a date is a full 24 hour period and does not need AM or PM

don't reply to posts if you only have a vauge idea of the answer

I urge you to think before you make replys and also I think you might do well to learn 24 hour time noob.

dave

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , WOW, substituting a / for a . can really change the way a title is perceived.

Anyway, great report.. it had me on the edge of my chair cheering you on for a fantastic result.

I've read a lot about Schultz here but I'm too lazy to walk that far but I might get there the next time I have time off around 07.05 PM!! :dry:

:silly: :silly: :silly:

davefishmad wrote:

shortie wrote:
go einstein.

the titles means he went fishing today saturday 18th of the 4 (April) in the morning AM.

then what would he write if he meant he was fishing on saturday 18th of the 4 (april)

at 6 AM?

dave

who is this clown anyway?

Ha nice write up mate sounds like a beautiful spot i'll have to try soon. I hope you have better luck next time. So did you end up trying the prawns you had?

Not that i care that much be as far as i recall using a full stop for the date isn't incorrect and if it is, surely everyone can understand easily enough.

Cheers

DAn

At 1st I, like davemad (or as it seems in this thread maddave) thought the title was referring to the time, not the date. I thought to myself "hmm this dude is getting precise with exactly what time he commenced fishing....why didn't he just say 6?" :laugh:

Good report novrain! I like a detailed, indepth report. I was waiting for the "still no fish BUT THEN!!!!......" haha maybe next time :cheer:

noname wrote:

lets pretend the title reads as follows

shultz today for a morning fish

WHAT ???????? #%$%#^^ How does that work today is the 20th, now you really have me confuzzled :woohoo:

I reckon for occasions like this we should have a cast off. Each combatant chooses a rod and the lure of their choice armed with say an 8/0 treble. They pace away ala a duel turn and cast as hard as possible at one another. Upon hooking your opponent you attempt to drag the other over the centre line. Winner is declared to be the one with the correct answer for that debated issue.

So many unanswered questions could be settled so quickly,

bait vs plastics

tinnies vs plastic boats

shimano vs diawa

braid vs mono

time vs date

:unsure: :ohmy: :woohoo: let the games begin :angry::P :laugh: B)

i know just about all the spots you mentioned, yes its very hit and miss but most of the spots mentioned do produce fish. And that big head you mentioned is a big catfish has been there for about 2 months now i am glad it doesn't stink anymore lol. Unlucky about the donut better luck next time.

Archived