Maintenance Electrician Position Required.

MoparKevUk

Anything going chaps?

27 yrs experience working for Global Telecommunications PLC. Maintaining, fault finding and repairing Operational Power Equipment. Incoming mains and AC generators up to 1 MegaWatt. DC power systems from 100amp end of suite rack mounted to 1200amp centralised plant. UPS systems. Aircon; modular, centralised and portable including water treatment on open cooling towers. All small power and lighting. Anything that had 230v, I fixed it. Working within a team and autonomously. CV on request.

Queensland Electrical Mechanic ticket, as well as Blue card and CPR.

(Thought I'd give it a go here, I'm on Seek, CareerOne, MyCareer, ReadyWorkForce, Transfield, Telstra, Powerware, etc, etc, doesn't do any harm, eh?) B)

i am amazed work is that hard to find you would appear to have lots of experience under your belt

is house hold power and ac below your standard or would you do that sort of stuff too as ac is BIG here for the obvious reasons

and do you have your own tools and transport "sry had to ask the standard questions"

:)

AC would be no problem, but that is another licence! This Electrical Ticket has cost me nearly $2000......I've only been job hunting for 6 days so something WILL turn up, I advertised here as another option. The majority of maintenance positions seem to be in the food industry around here (Southside). Another 7 jobs recommended on Seek this morning, better get on it! B)

faulked wrote:

i am amazed work is that hard to find you would appear to have lots of experience under your belt

is house hold power and ac below your standard or would you do that sort of stuff too as ac is BIG here for the obvious reasons

and do you have your own tools and transport "sry had to ask the standard questions"

:)

Horses for courses cheers good luck kev

try capral aluminium at dinmore

they are allways looking for sparkies with that sort of experience

its a nice clean place to work and they offer a pretty good

12 hour day 4days on 4days off $100-$120 k sallary package

with those qualifications i'd be looking at facillities manager positions

Hay MoparKev I currently work for Capral I am a Project manager/Finishing Maint Supervisor I belive we are looking for elec's with good Plc knowledge with Allen Bradley Software rs logix500 and 5000 alot of fault finding and so on Will have a chat with the boss and see if there is an opening there cheers dasa05 ;)

jeff f wrote:

unfortunately, positions like that now require either dual trades or special management courses.

$100K plus is very very good money for any tradie.i work in a higher qualified trade than electricians and i dont even get that..if i were you i would snap this job up very quickly kev,this is insanely good money for a local sparkey working these hours

Terry H wrote:

shortie wrote:
Kec if your after some big $$$ chase a mining job. Only downfall is having to leave Brissy and go remote.

Sure

Find one that's hiring, and not firing.

Been told only subbies are getting canned. If ya work for them directly you're safe

dunney wrote:

jeff f wrote:

unfortunately, positions like that now require either dual trades or special management courses.

$100K plus is very very good money for any tradie.i work in a higher qualified trade than electricians and i dont even get that..if i were you i would snap this job up very quickly kev,this is insanely good money for a local sparkey working these hours

Mate if you dont mind what trade is that cheers

ellicat wrote:

They're getting rid of staff too.

However, most maintenance staff will always be required until after a mine is shut.

Definatelly not getting rid of Electricians that i talk to every day.

If fact are still employing.

Have got rid of some contractors. These contractors have been and are bering replaced with internal staff.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kev

please send me your CV, I'm a manager for a company in Brendale (work all over the place) I head up the installation side of things, but we have engineers(programeres etc on PLC & Scada), were waiting on the Nod on a contract which will require more staff.

hope your sorted, but if not email to peter.e@mpaeng.com.au

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the advice and stuff!

I start my new job tomorrow at Quantas Domestic Terminal, Brisbane Airport. Servicing the baggage handling, nose in guidance and air bridge systems. 4 on, 4 off, 12hr day and night shifts, so my head will be scrambled for a while!! See you out and about soon!

1970 Valiant VG 4 dr Sedan. A bit of an ugly step down from my '67 UK import Valiant VE 4 dr sedan, but it was in my price range, and good to go. Just has a 245 Hemi at the moment, great for cruising and economy, and the odd traffic light drag, got an extractor, 'leccy ignition and dibs on a 2 barrel inlet and carby to spice it up a bit, then in the future a stroker 360 should be the go in front of my Strange built Dana axle and race 727 box that I brought over.... [img size=650]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/vg.jpg

Little bitty 318 and a shot of drugs it went 11.72. Driven to the track and back.

They officially imported about 60 VEs in late '69. All were VIPs with 273s. I've got a pic somewhere of 3 sedans and a wagon. Most VEs in the UK together for a while! I had spares from about 5 different ones. There are probably about 8 left over there, not including mine that I cut up and scrapped.......

Big Al. Do you know Ian Coombe with the 408 small block AP6 and 426 small block VF? Does a bit of gardening and comes from Camira...

Archived