Canoe wanted

Nog

Fishjoe is going to have to be disappointed unless he takes up my offer of a hundy (hey he got himself inot this mess!!)

LGM has hit the nail on the head, I also need it to be kid friendly...maybe not all three at once but one maybe two. I've done the ebay, trading post thing, just looking in other places like here for maybe a bargain/unfinished project.

Any takers on this one.

For example a 10 old tinny or tender would even do for the moment

norm

I started with a roscoe canoe when the BAS was on before, after seeing 6 tinnies launch while I was still mucking around with batteries,elec motor,outriggers,seats etc I sold it the next week and got an old tinny with a second hand elec and have never looked back, just my thoughts.

Dinodadog wrote:

I started with a roscoe canoe when the BAS was on before, after seeing 6 tinnies launch while I was still mucking around with batteries,elec motor,outriggers,seats etc I sold it the next week and got an old tinny with a second hand elec and have never looked back, just my thoughts.

It's the easy option for sure.... I left the ramp just after all of you blokes yesterday morning and by the time I reached the end of the arm everyone in tinnies was swallowed by the fog and out of sight. I just use a canoe and paddle and with any wind it becomes a real chore. By the end of the year I'll have arms like Arnie.

I don't take much gear with me but it still feels like forever to get everything in the canoe and into the water.

Dino it certainly is a dilemma. On the one hand I want a dedicated fishing vessel, but on the other something that the kids will have fun in.

I've looked at a few yaks and the Viking Tempo is looking good at the mo but with a few kids in it I will have "Arnie" arms unless I put a leccie on it.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrggggghhh decisions.

If I had stacks of cash I would buy a 3.0m Little Tuffy that's going cheap AND a yak.

Ray, I'll take you up on the AFO boat offer, what exactly is it?

Norm

An old fella a few houses down the road from me has an old 11ft tinny - looks solid and pretty good - sitting on a trailer that needs the last 3ft rear section replaced - and he asked if i knew anybody who wanted it for $600-00....remembering the trailer is not good at all at the moment...let me know if you are interested...i'll pass his number on to you - once i get it off him....he isn't advertising it either - at the moment

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Nog, Are you still after a canoe? I have one about 12 months old (only used half a dozen times) 3 seater - have had 2 adults and a kid on board no probs but was built for 3 adults so 2 adults and 2 kids wouldn't be a prob - pretty stable (haven't tipped it yet!). Can send some photo's later in the week and you are more than welcome to come have a look. Just thought I would throw it out there before I advertise it. Asking $650 & will throw in the lekkie outboard bracket (home made).

Archived