the only thing at colmslie

noname

was water and plenty of it, nearly covered the carpark, while the tide appeared to be going out? it was colored like coffee, but 1 threaddie was caught, all be it in the cast net, 0 prawns. think this might fire up the threaddies, they seem to like the murky waters up north? hmmmm. it might be a goer trav!

yeah baxters jetty neally went under tonight :ohmy:

got nothing but a 28cm bream on live prawn.....

sounds like sat night could be a goer but ill have to try not to drink too much tomorrow night at byron... or have a sleep sat before we go

Feral wrote:

Keep a close eye out for floaters. Get some prop destroying stuff come down the river at times when it had a good run.
won't be going to far and definately not quick. well i mean as long as trav stays behind me. cause he ain't gettin past me.:P

noname wrote:

Feral wrote:
Keep a close eye out for floaters. Get some prop destroying stuff come down the river at times when it had a good run.
won't be going to far and definately not quick. well i mean as long as trav stays behind me. cause he ain't gettin past me.:P

Heard on the radio this arvo, the citycats & other ferries cancelled running today,will revue the situation tomorrow.

The main danger isn`t always the floaters,but the waterlogged submerged logs etc just under the surface.

i'm not real keen on the idea of a stainless prop with all sorts of rubbish around, what happens is with an alloy prop, and you hit something hard, you will bend a blade or 2. with a stainless prop what happens is the shock is absorbed be the weakest link, normally the splines in the bottom of the crankshaft in the powerhead, just sheers them off, or very rarely the gearbox breaks.

what noname said :)

yeah i would go a ally prop softer takes the shock and brakes .stainless harder take the shock and transfers it on.

its a yuck feeling when u hit something that's under water ,with your prop ,skeg.

yuck when u got some speed on and almost get thrown out too.

have hit a few logs in the logan river years ago in a 12 foot tinny with a 15 on the bum,when i was a teen and still silly.

can still remember it i shit myself.

dam it took me 15 mins to write that ,dam i get slow at night .lol

Archived