kookaburra park boat ramp

rayke1938

Its a good ramp, not locked at night, not slipery and has a concreted pattern so its grippy not like the dam dirt/rocky ones your probably used to Ray :P . It's probably better used at High Tide rather then Low as it drops away towards the end of the ramp, not too sharply though.

All boaters we saw last time had no trouble lauching and loading their boats reguardless of tide and not all of them were exactly small. With a small boat you should have no worries at all. Meaning the new beast of Feral's is fine.

The tide is 2 - 2 1/2 hours behind the Brisbane Bar predictions from memory. Locals may be better people to ask though. i.e. Werewolf.

Troy

As Troy said Ray it does drop off at the end, but not dangerously so.

And not all the people we saw launching on Australia Day were very sober either!!! So its a bit of a no brainer.

Ray we were seriously hit a minute with little bullies and possibly Salmon. So put a few baits out and expect results.

The population of Bream was also staggering.

Good luck!

Angus

Its a touch over 3 hours delay. To the Moggil Ferry (read The Junction), its +2:50 in, +3:10 out (something like that) and its a bit longer to Kookaburra. I find sometimes the high is even higher earlier and later then expected and often right up onto the grass in places. This might be just due to king tides or the monthly Big W water releases.

I've never used the ramp, so I can't commment on that:silly: Make sure you post a nice long report (with pics) for us RayB)

ray i pulled the tri-hull out of there at dead low tide, the lowest tide for the year maybee,after the king tide two weekends ago. the ramp had about two feet of concrete blocks set at about 40 degrees exposed at the end of the actual ramp. i stoped the wheels at the end of the ramp propper hit the tilt and dropped the end into the drink no problems. the locals reckon the only boats that ever have any trouble are ski boats with inboards and the props underneath.

Archived