the Hornibrook session

brado

Jake(reef_raider) and myself went down to the hornibrook saturday night for a spot of fishin. We took one shark rod n a estuary rod each. Got there round 5pm and deployed all the lines with big mullet strips on the S lines and whitebait on the E rods. Had a couple of hit here and there with a few small bream and a ray going to me:lol: . But wen the light went down the fish came out. Jake had the first decent run on his S rod. the ratchet was going nuts and so he piked the rod up n turned it off tightend then drag a lil but it just kept goin n goin till snaped:( . Jake being pis*ed off rigged his line up again n got it straight back out there. Sum time went by before my ratchet started going out on my S rod. I piked it up n gave it a good old yank n started to reel. I new there was something on the end but i didnt think it was very big. It finally came to the surface and ended up to be a 51cm flatty which swollowed the 15cm strip of mullet:blink: . Poor bugger didnt stand a change on my 50lb mainline and 200lb trace. The night had its ups and downs from there on with myself getting a 56cm catty and jake picking up a 58cm one respectivly. No bullies:( mayb next time.

Archived