Oh! No ! Not Another NPD Report. 9/6/09

rayke1938

I am all smiles two PBS for the year. Finally cracked a 50cm bass and a yella around 54.

Total of 15 bass and 2 yellas.

One yella and one bass caught on lure. ( Trolled silver vibe) All the rest caught on shrimp.I was getting best results on floating the live shrimp down. ( 6 fish to one caught on the normal paternoster rig )

Redclaw wernt too bad we got a bucket and a bit but no monsters.

Sorry no real photos as my camera wasnt working too well as the lens was covered with redclaw bait.

I think that Rocket has some photos.

Here is one shot of a yella that didnt want to stay still.

Cheers

Ray [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P6090595_AFO.jpg

post-230-144598496931_thumb.jpg

Bit more explanation re floating shrimp what I was doing was just tieing hook to line with no sinker and just feeding line out slowly till shrimp hit the bottom and intermittently raising and lowering rod and watching line for a direction change.

The wind was quite strong and we were dragging the pick a bit and the movement also seemed to encourage a bite.

When there is no wind I find that if I use the leccy to swing the boat around it also entices a bite.

Cheers

Ray

none on lures for me today despite having a lure in the water at every given opportunity :blush: luckily I got a few on shrimp to justify :huh: getting up in the dark cold windy morning.

Thanks to Ray and John for having me along as stand in "old furt" team member despite me not having a pension card :silly: :laugh:

Here are some pics.

Rocket

[img size=800]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/NPD_9_June_09_005.jpg

post-953-144598496937_thumb.jpg

Well done fellas sounds like you had a better day than Wallyfly and I, We went on an exploring trip to the top of the lake and I can now say, been there, didnt like it and wont be going back for awhile, water was black visability was about 20cm, hardly seen a fish on the sounder let alone catch one.

Where's the plus50 bass pic ?

My camera wasnt working too well after being dropped into the redclaw bait bucket with the lens cover open. Couldnt work out why it wouldnt work till i found the lens covered in fish slime. I thought that rocket took a photo but uncertain.

Cheers

Ray

Archived