14/6/09 "The Rockets at NPD"

Rocket75

Finally managed to get Mrs Rocket out to NPD for a crack at some bass.

Limited to a late afternoon session (2.30 - 5.00) we didn't have time to cover very much of the dam, but it was a beautiful arvo to be on the water.

We had just got into our troll and I'd polished off a my sanga when we met up with Faulked who was on his way back to the ramp after a successful day on the water. He was kind enough to supplement our shrimp supplies with some of his own in the hope that we could find a hungry school and rack up a big score.

Faulked went on his way and we trolled on in search of some decent schools on the sounder. There were plenty of fish showing, and within 5 mins of leaving Faulked I was on! Rod buckled over, line peeling off under drag...excited I was :woohoo:

My little Bass Raider / Calcutta combo was put through it's paces and after a good tussle we landed a solid bass that went 42cm.

Hey Kriso, check out the cap!

[img size=800]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/NPD_14_June_09_006.jpg

post-953-144598497601_thumb.jpg

We continued trolling for a while, but the bait temptation was too great.

Anchored up on what my sounder convinced me was a decent school, we couldn't even give away our bait :(

Tried the same in two or three other spots for the same result, and by then it was time to troll our way back to the ramp.

Sadly Mrs Rocket didn't get a fish today, I reckon she needs more practice :lol:

Did I mention conditions were good?

[img size=800]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/NPD_14_June_09_010.jpg

That's all for now, thanks for reading.

The Rockets

post-953-144598497632_thumb.jpg

tacklebox wrote:

Nice hat and nice report. Enjoy the win Rocket, you know Mrs Rocket will kick your butt next time! :laugh:

no doubt about that T-box, I might even put some trebles on her lures next time now that I have a win on the board :ohmy: :silly:

Archived