My new toy.

Feral

Ok, I've been doing a fair bit of camping with my kids, the elcheapo big tent has been on one to many trips, then I saw a good camp trailer on a web site for sale, but unfortunately was to slow and missed out. Mentioned it to my sister in law who said she new someone selling one because they had come in to some money and bought a luxury model.

So went round for a look ,she was no oil painting, but solid, no rust, built in '94. Set up for beach work, in good nick. So for $2000 I have a new toy to play with!

P7130001.jpg

P7130005.jpg

Maiden trip will probably the state of origin, hopefully the camp site I booked can be used with one of these as well!

First order of the day will be working out the PCD on the hubs and putting a set of real wheels on it instead of the "figjam" 15's.

nice .they are a good thing.

be good to see it setup.

should be ok on the campsite ,when i booked it was waterfront for a tent or camp trailer or pop-up van .depending on what i bought .or if we where still using the tent.

i think the rule is no full size van's or pop tops .type u can stand up in.

Nah Maxi, I was getting soft when I started using a mattress in my swag, Then when I started using a tent it was game over, just as well I dont have any hair left or I would probably be using "products" :kiss:

Thanks for the info Dave, if they so no I reckon they will have a few normal spots available, I dont think August will exactly be peak tourist season!

• 3 weeks later...

Missed your post Shortie, my missus reckons any motel with less than 4 stars is camping, she would never lower herself to a campervan, I'm safe as houses there!

Anyway got her about as I want her now, all safe for a run down to Brunswick Heads on the weekend.

Was always going to replace the large rims and tyres, I reckon they are death traps on trailers. (Aquaplane real easy). But when I pulled em off, I cant believe the bloke who owned it before me was driving around on em! I'll make another post covering them, they are classic examples of every problem you need to look out for on a wheel, make a good little "check your tyres article".

Anyway a bit of rooting around, whuich was an interesting exercise as I have totally lost my voice with the wog, 2 trips to to the wreckers, two to the local Bridgestone dealer and I am all set.

As the rig has torsion bar suspension the internal offset is quiet small. It is also Ford pattern PCD. I tried 3 sets of rims before seeking advice (well I am a man) 14" Courier rims the Camry 15" rims,and the 15: Au rims on my other trailer. The COurier rims fitted with about a rice paper clearance, the Camry rims no go by at least an inch, same with the AU rims.

I really did not want to use the existing rims they looked to crook to me, so down to the local Bridgestone dealer for some advice. Nope Rims are root-ted, he had a quick look at the offset for me and adviced me to get some EL ford rims. So back to the wreckers for a pair, one good tyre, one with a nail in it, checked them for fit, yew bewdy, at least an inch of clearance! So back to Bridgstone for a new tyre, and a thankyou, and I am set to go!

Put the yak on the bars on top, a bit far apart, might add another bar making the gap a bit shorter. P7290009.jpg

Archived