Fishermen Island full Report: early feb07

Go0LiE

Hi all,

This is my full report from fishing at fishermen island about 2 weeks ago, thats beginning of February.

Around 20 minutes of casting the net i decided we had enough of mullets to last a full day of fishing. During that 20 minutes, the tide was really low and we decided to walk around the sloppy mud casting for more mullets. While walking along in the water, my friend stood on something kinder long and soft and he jumped up and nearly had a heart attack when he found out what it was. When i saw him jump, i was looking around and to my suprise, i saw a snake, about 4 foot long bolting it through the waters surface. We all started to run to the land :silly:

That was the first amusing part of my fishing adventure.

After that, I grabed afew mullets to use as bait and hooked one on a 3gang hook, start walking to the rocks and casted one out. Put the rod down on the rock and lit up a smoke, While lighting up my cig, my rod nearly went flying into the water. (I didnt secure it as i never caught much around here).

After about 5mins, there i landed my 1st decent Mangrove Jack.

About 10mins later, my other friend had his rod goin off and when he reeled it up he had an eel thats over 2mtrs for sure. Luckily the line snaped off since he didnt have any thick trace but we didnt mind since we didnt want to handle it anyway.

After the excitment, half n hour went by with not one single bite. Time to go home :(

[img size=380] [img size=380]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/2007__1__30___Fishing___Fishermen_016__Custom_.jpg

Post edited by: Go0LiE, at: 2007/02/23 16:17

post-946-144598407751_thumb.jpg

Archived