Toga at NPD...

chris_stewart14

This thread would most likely disappoint alot of people. Sorry I haven't caught any. Just curious as to whether I can expect to get stuck into some Toga on the surface at NPD this Summer? I know they are stocked in there but haven't really seen or heard any reports of them being caught. Interested to see if the NPD regulars are expecting them to show up this Summer? Are they prolific like in Borumba, or just the odd one here and there?

Thanks

Chris

Not too many in there Chris, I know Dino's come across a few in there. I've done hours and hours of walking the banks out there and have only spotted two, and found a dead one a few years back in the fish kill.

Early morning topwater bass are a better option at North Pine with toga as a very welcome bycatch.

Toga have been stocked in North Pine but they just didn't take off, which is a real shame.

Ho Chris, The numbers of togas in NPD is small ... Couple of hundred would be about it. The notice board near the sign in book at the ramp used to have liberation numbers of all species detailed but I'm not sure if it is up to date. I'm sure we lost some over the spillway this year , but who knows how many.

Dino has caught 2 off the bank a year or so ago between Forgans and Bullocky Rest and my grandson and I saw one rising at the mouth of Rush Creek , where is flows into NP River , ages ago.

When Borumba went over the wall several years ago they lost a large number of togas , many of which were seen in a huge school in the pondage below the spillway along with very large schools of bass. It's taken a long time for the fish to breed up to the extent that fishing on Borumba is almost as good as it was before their big flood.

For my money, I'd go to Borumba for togas.....Tight lines. :cheer: Ian M

:

Archived