Not Bloody Happy

hulk

After 3 months of pedantic searching,I found the fourbie I wanted and agreed to a price.

I booked in for a pre purchase inspection today just to be on the safe side.Anyhow I called the Ultra Tune at Maroochydore and they told me that I was getting a good car.

Beauty I thought as I rang my wife at work(ON HER BIRTHDAY)to tell her the good news.

I rang the seller to finalise everything for the purchase and then he hits me with"It got sold today".I said "what the F&&&".He claimed we didn't have a leg to stand on as no deposit was taken even though they dropped the car off for the inspection.

I don't think I've yelled into a phone so loud and swore so much in a few words to let him know how pi$$ed I was to spend 90 bucks on an inspection for in effect someone elses car.These bastards will pay.I am strongly considering contacting the papers or tv just so these mongrels can be discredited for their immoral practices.

BEWARE Sorry for the rant but my anger has barely subsided even after 7 hours and more.

Hulk

Mate,

I am calm as a person but fair dinkum I would have ripped thier heads off earlier today.It's more the principal that they knew car was agreed for sale and they drive it to the inspection then use the good result to sell it to someone else and I end up with no car and out of pocket.

Stinks like bait in a bucket under the summer sun.

Hulk

I would have felt furious, he should have phoned you

Just remember that everything is meant to happen for a reason.

It's like kicking yourself for missing out on a perfect job after an interview then landing a job with 30% more pay a week later.

I'm sure the next 4X4 will be a cracker, and you will be that little bit wiser.

cheers

Mate, I feel your pain, I hate buggers like that, just a pack of feeders and vultures......lower than shark sh*t if you ask me! I agree with fishing_hardcore though, there is always a better buy just around the corner, it just takes more bloody effort, which, if you are anything like me....is a bloody huge effort! :)

What ever happened to a hand shake and take a man's word as honourable. Those low life scum buckets were only after their own best interest as is most of the world these days.

Fair Trading might want to recieve an email about unethicial practices. ;) Contracts can be verbal, written or insinuated. Sounds like you had a verbal to me. You properbly wont win because it wont make it to court and these creeps won't settle. I know you wont want to buy a different car from them, hw could you trust them?

Ask yourself if you want to live in anger and revenege or shake the dust off your feet and move on to a better place. Me...I would at least put in a complaint to Fair Tradnig and fax or email a copy to the car yard. :ohmy:

If I really wanted to rub in some pain maybe someting like spending a couple of hours near their enterance on a Saturday morning handing out flyer detailing their customer service approach. :angry:

Or just move on knowing you would never stoup to as low a place as they did... :)

Ill never deal with these crooks...thats just plain and simply unethical and mud sticks? I wonder who the person was that bought the vehicle without having it checked over in the first place? The thing is, these guys dont care about how much you want the car or what have you, or they know and care about is get off the yard as quickly as they can for their turnover.

There will be other vehicles, if its meant to be it will be and probably a cheaper one on the cards....the way vehicle industry is heading its a buyers world.

definately put something in the papers, get some bad publicity on them for sure.

did you actually talk to the owner/manager or jsut one of the salesmen? maybe put a complaint in with the owner/manager too if you didn't speak to them

as bad as it sounds i would want revenge haha

Its an interesting one.

From my experience in real estate, car and property sales people are bound by very very strict rules regarding ethics etc.

In real estate however a sales person DOES NOT work for the buyer, but of course the seller. A lot of buyers dont realise this.

Im not sure how this works in the car industry, but whatever the case, I think a polite phone call at least informing you that another offer for purchase had come in would have been warranted.

If you plan to actually take legal action, I would personally not advise it unless there was an actual offer made on paper or some other form of contract. This is not me taking anyone's sides, just trying to save you a lot of wasted effort.

Angus

It just goes to show that if you want something , be quick.

That's all there is to it.

I understand how disapointed you must have been , but by the sounds of it you didn't pay a deposit, so he was'nt obliged to do anything for you.

Even though I don't have much time for real estate sales, they have a habit/policy to tell other interested parties just to try and some sort of mini auction happening.And to make more comissions.

Just put it down to anothet life experiance, trying to go to fair trading will just upset you more and waste you time.

Remember that the fiar trading is a government department and dealing with them will do your head in.

I gauranty the first thing they will ask is "did you pay a deposit "?

Sorry mate

Mick

i think the issue is more that they used the 90 buck inspection paid for by hulk to make the sale to the other random party without letting him know at all

if it were just a case of someone else got in quicker and hulk was not 90 bucks out of pocket, im sure he wouldnt be nearly as angry

It wasn't the bloke who owns this group of motor companies personally so he isn't at fault.It was the dealer principal at that location.The company told my wife this morning they knew the car was in for an inspection but didn't have a deposit so they could sell it and they did.We were told by the MTAQ that they were within their rights(however unethical and immoral it may seem)to do so.

They have agreed to reimburse us for the cost of the inspection.I think the person who bought this car purchased at full price whereas the price we agreed on was 600 dollars less

Probably more the fool me for not doing a deposit but I still hope their ears are ringing from the spray they copped yesterday.

The car I was looking at was a Nissan Pathfinder.It was the third I had an inspection on since I began looking for a new car and the first to pass to my approval.

What sucks for me is this same dealer group drove a brand new car for my mate to Childers from Maroochydore as part of their customer service and I suppose this lulled me into a false sense of security about things.The search continues.As some of you have said,may be a blessing in disguise

You live and learn I suppose.

Hulk

it seams like a pretty low thing they did .

but that's life ............that's car yards.

i would have put a 500$ holding deposit on it .refundable on inspection outcome.

at least they are reimburse u the cost of the inspection .

after a big stink and lot of yelling on your part.i guess.

guess it a good grace gesture to u to smooth things over.

car yards i don't like em.

worked at them and at places where we had to do repairs for them .

had to buy 2 cars form car yards ,the other 20 where all private.

10 which have been on the road ,4 that where race cars and 6 for parts or projects.

first was like i thought it would be ,felt the same about yard as i did before.and not real fussed on finance for a car. don't think i will ever borrow money to buy a car again.

the second dealing with a yard was good .cash in my pocket and after the first time i knew what i wanted and how to go about it .

dodgyback wrote:

Even though I don't have much time for real estate sales, they have a habit/policy to tell other interested parties just to try and some sort of mini auction happening.And to make more comissions.

If an agent does have more than one legit offer they MUST issue a "Multiple Offer Form".

A lot of agents dont but it is required.

Thre idea of this form is to clearly make the buyer aware there is another offer coming in and thus to make their best offer now or dont whinge later.

The main reasons for issuing this form are:

* To be 100% to the buyer.

* Get the best price for the seller. (The agents job afterall).

* And finally, if the buyer suspects they have been bullshitted into making a higher offer, the agent has to be able to produce a signed form/s made by the other parties to prove that the multiple offers did in fact exist.

Sory to highjack the thread. I just thought id take the chance. I was always very pedantic about my paper work when I was in real estate. You will find unfortuantly that often simple ethical procedures like this are not taken!

I agree with with dodgyback though regretfully. Taking this matter up with Good and Fair Trading would be a massive pain!

Angus

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds corny, but perhaps was meant to be.

Just on the sales side of things. A car in the car yard, or anything else on a shelf for that matter is there with a price on it and is merely an invitation to purchase. The contract of sale requires an offer and acceptance like all contracts and the offer is actually made by the prospective buyer and the acceptance is made by the seller to accept the offer from the buyer. Many people think that the offer is made by placing something out for sale.

For any upcoming purchases, I would offer to purchase for a price, pay a deposit that is stipulated as refundable based on inspection results and then get the vehicle inspected.

Thanks Boots for the advice.I was anal about leaving a deposit for this car.The sale was private but I wanted it locked in place.The worst thing was that in previous potential purchases,i had left deposits and on the one time when it all fell into place,I was too comfortable with reputation(they drove a car from sunnie coast to childers for my mate.)and they obviously got full price for the car I had eyed off as I had talked their price down but as you said and I feel, in the end it all worked out well for my family which is most important for me.

Hulk

Archived