Hinze Fri 21 Aug 09 - Report

Rocket75

Had been too long since I had a crack at some hinze natives, so AaronH and I did just that on Friday.

Launching from the Numinbah Ramp, we headed off towards the "Island" trolling all the way there and back.

To break the monotony of the long troll we stopped and dropped a few shrimp in likely looking spots.

Plenty of fish were boated this way during the day. Mainly it was smallish Bass (15cm-30cm), but also a few hefty Tandanus and some bigger bass gave us a workout on light gear.

The troll only produced two fish for the day.

One, a Bass of approx 42cm took my purple Ridgeback deep diver (8-10m) in over 70 foot of water trolling smack bang down the middle of the dam. It came from so deep that it had actually blown it's swim bladder in the fight.

The other was an ambitious 20cm bass that took on a big Blitz Baga diver Aaron was trolling aimed at his much bigger brother :P

The only other fish taken on lure was a small Grunter :angry: that I pinned on a little Damiki blade that I was jigging vertically in a school of bass.

No Yellowbelly in the mix today, despite fishing areas that have yeilded them in the past.

All up we caught heaps of fish and my parents were happy when I gifted them a couple of fat bass for their dinner.

Thanks for the invite Aaron, hope to do it again sometime soon. ;)

Rocket

My 40+ taken on the troll.

hinze_21_Aug_09_001.jpg

Archived