Soft plastics whats hot and whats not

burger93

G'day fellas

Just looking through me tackle box and realised the soft plastics are lookin little thin.Just want to no what is the go for flatties and bream in creeks ect i have had about 3 diffrent types for bout 2 years as they were me favs but looking to exspand names and colours would be great as need to get some asap.

cheers sean

atomic guzzler prongs 2" and gulp 3" minnow in pumpkinseed are my favorite for bream.

For the flatties try anything in the gulp range from 2" for smallies - 7" if there big. ive had most luck on the 4" pumpkinseed swimming mullet and nuclear chicken 5" jerk shad.

good luck.

any of them will work! pumpkin seed fry and minnows and most of the shads will work.

for the larger plastics i'd be inclined to use a smaller jig head as the plastics themselves are enough weight to get them down. of course depends on the current and depth.

seems to be a bit of an effort finding jig heads that are light but still have decent sized hooks if you want to use larger plastics with less weight

a lot of flathead caught on pumpkinseeds......lots of reefies on nuke chook and the brighter colours i think. try some of the squidgies in dark red if yr fishing the wharves at the mouth maybe??

atomic prongs are fantastic, had plenty of success with them, stealth prawn, lobbys, critters, pepper and banana gulp prawns are known guns, pro range fish and wrigglers as well cos s factor really works... it's hard to go wrong these days, you just have to choose a plastic that suits how you like to fish. wobbly tails basically do the work, flick/jerk baits need you to work them, some have wavy bits that entice with movement.

pumpkin seed and bloodworm are traditional go to colours, naturals as well, bright or really dark colours in murky water. it's the old saying, match the hatch.

Travis wrote:

By the looks of it mate your going to have alot of new plastics!!!

Haha too true dude.. You'll get a million different responses to this. Gotta admit Im a Gulp man although I will vouch for the following (my 2 cents):

Bream

* Atomic Prongs in the 2 & 3 inch - Clear Copper Flake, Pumpkin/Holo

* Gulp 2 inch Shrimp - Molting, Banana and Pepper Prawn

* Squidgey 85mm Wrigglers in Bloodworm

Lizards

* Any Gulp 4 inch minnow in my opinion should be your go to. Nearly every colour works but Nuclear Chicken, Pumpkinseed and Lime Tiger will not fail you. Clear or murkey water!

Just hit them up with a heavier jig head, I like 1/8th so you know your always on the bottom.

Good Luck

Chris

Ok I'll bite

Flathead

4" berkely minow in lime tiger and nuke chook

6" Berkely worm in bloodworm

5" jerk shad in pink shine

4" grubs and anything with a wiggly tail (including the Damiki D grubs I think have a great action)

Bream

3" mullet in mango ripple

3" pumkin seed gulp live

3"/4" atomic/berkely grubs in any color

3" Berkely green pumkin fry

flathead I notice will hit anything and most colors, but I have not had any luck with anything black or partly black.

I don't bother chasing bream a plastic smaller than 3", If I want to go small and light I use hardbodies, atomic shad, SX40, kangoko shad, viking crank minow ect,ect.

cheers

dunno if anyone else has tried them, but i like manns curly tail grubs, the 3 " ones are a good size for bream and i think the tail action is much better than the squidgies. Used them while fishing for barra when everything is shut down and got some nice 40-50+ size barra among the other fish, had some small mangrove jacks hit it too..

nice tail flutter on the drop and nice tail action no matter what speed they are retrieved.

Archived