Few cod around

fishing_hardcore

Went for a fish last night at lytton, caught a nice little cod about 50cm on live herring, I was suprised at how hard he went for the size.

Then I went to fishermans Island this morning and had a flick on light 1-3kg gear

around the rocks there near the bridge, I was hoping for a bream but got hammered by another cod about 40cm. -6lb braid, 6lb leader, 1/12 jigg, pro lobby in dusk (no S-factor was used by the way).

So there must be a few around on the hunt.

All fish released of course, also what is legal size for cod.

sorry no pics just a quick report.

cheers

dan25 wrote:

nice stuff mate, good size cod :)

yes it was a very enjoyable little sesh, they go hard on light gear and was nice to see some action at fishermans Island, because I never catch anything there.

The trick is to let your rig sink deep into the strike zone

around the rock and structure. The current is so strong there on the outgoing its hard to get you lure into the strike zone.

mate i ended up pulling a decent sized cod from shultz canal amazingly on my 2-4 kg t-curve with a stradic 2500 and seabss 6 lb. man he went i was surprised hey i called it for a jew as we had a few the last time we went. i was using 2" shrimp in the peppered prawn colour.... my favourite :D my mate got hammered by a (called For) jew on a atomic prong . all good stuff. good work mate

Archived