NPD 6/9/09

rayke1938

Usual donut except for a 6inch tandanus ( released of course)that was in one of my opera house pots.

At least good to see that the tandanus are breeding there.

Had a bit of a chat to duty officer whilst waiting for 6am and he said that when he drove past Youngs crossing there was some low lifes running a net there.Call was made to fisheries hotline.Hope they got them. Reckon I would have taken photos and rego numbers also.On water from 6.15 till 1430 and according to catch cards only 2 bass and one yella caught from around 8 boats.

Cheers

Ray

It sure is. There has also been a change in the rules. It used to be you were allowed to cast net in tidal waters. Now it is salt water only. Subtle but distinct difference, the upper reaches of rivers are often tidal, but basically fresh water. (The salt water does not get high enough, or there is a bit of a run from rain)

Reckon I saw him cast netting, yesterady arvo on the way back from NPD. He was easily seen from the road. He's either completely unaware of the rules (doubt it) or has no fear whastsoever of being prosecuted.

Scored a donut at NPD by the way. Went for an explore upstream, found plenty of birdlife but not too many fish. Had one touch near a rocky outcrop and that was about it.

Victor

Archived