fergie's wrap up

fergie

What a cracker of a morning as the sun was rising. B)

with the anticipation of landing some nice lizard in today's flathead social,we were straight into it,With kylie (fergies missus) getting on the board almost insantly with a healthy 50cm :cheer:

Within a short while kylie had netted 2 more.

worried she was going to show me up again,i tried everything in my arsenal with no avail :(

So off i go back to the boat ramp,jump in my car,drive to the nearest bait and tackle shop,to get me the neverfail micro mullet :lol:

back in the boat and off we go,wasn't long and i was onto my first,i was feeling much better. :woohoo:

Within a short time i had landed another 2,including my 60cm flatty that won me first place,things were looking up :)

as the morning progressed the pair of us were catching quality fish with a few in between.

before we new it,it was time to head back to the boat ramp.

as kylie was reeling in her lure "WHACK"

in the last dying seconds,kylie was on again and landed herself a 58cm flatty :ohmy:

which scored her second place. :aussie:

between the both of us we landed 12 lizards :laugh:

and that was that!

would like to thank angus for organising this event :ta:

the rod and reel donation and everyone who participated :)

cheers (can't wait for the next social) fs_1.JPG

Well done "the fergs" Pleased to meet you both.It's scenery like in your photo that make not catching a fish evermore so bearable.What great conditions for this event.Congratulations to you both and good stuff on going back to the shop to get your trusted bait to get yourself the win.

Hulk

Rocket75 wrote:

that's it, you two are banned from the next one...or as a condition of entry you have to take me on board for the next comp :)

Looks like there is no substitute for local knowledge, lure selection and a pre-fish or two!

good to see you having fun on the water and catching some great fish together.

Between u and I Rocket,I reckon that its there pet flattys and they have them trained :P

Dean ;)

kiwifisho wrote:

Rocket75 wrote:
that's it, you two are banned from the next one...or as a condition of entry you have to take me on board for the next comp :)

Looks like there is no substitute for local knowledge, lure selection and a pre-fish or two!

good to see you having fun on the water and catching some great fish together.

Between u and I Rocket,I reckon that its there pet flattys and they have them trained :P

Dean ;)

haha on ya boys,but yeh you could say that, seen as how i talk to my lil or should i say whopper lizards from my lounge room window :P

James W wrote:

jeez!

fergie ya done it again! and kylie is hot on ya tail!

congrats to ya both..flatty king and queen..

be sure to head down the coast if they have a comp and show the gold coasters how the north coasters do it!

hey bro,what ya mean im hot on his tail,lol,i actually out fished him again today hehehe

think it runs in the blood,don't you?

:laugh:

fergies missus wrote:

James W wrote:
jeez!

be sure to head down the coast if they have a comp and show the gold coasters how the north coasters do it!

hey bro,what ya mean im hot on his tail,lol,i actually out fished him again today hehehe

flatty king and queen,yep sounds good...fergie just has to hurry up and make this fergie & fergies missus business more offical :blush:

well what can i say?

was a another bliss day on the passage,though we got out there way to early (3am) and had nothing to brag bout till sunrise,ha though i did land a 40cm spiny puffer fish,and boy was he a brick!!

am so chuffed that i managed to win 2nd place on my first AFO social comp,haha ian can have his rod back now as i have my own lol :laugh:

couldnt believe that my 58cm lizard was actually hooked while i was winding in,we were actually finished for the day,as we had an hour to head to bribie and tackle the dreaded traffic..

thanks angus for a great social,looking forward to the next one,thanks to the guy (forget name)who donated the rod and reel that i managed to win.

and it was nice to meet the afo crew.

till next time

kylie (fergies missus) sunrise.JPG

noname wrote:

just out of curiosity, most of the fish you caught, were they just hooked??? we lost some big girls today, grrrr..all within sight too, which makes it worse

and virtually no drag on them. , well done mr n mrs fergie for the day's efforts too. :lol:

kylie lost 3 or 4 at the side of the boat, one of them was atleast 70 cm.

i netted one just as it spat the lure,so i changed hooks and put chemical sharpened ones on. she didn't loose any after that.don't know if that was a coincedence.

fergies missus wrote:

fergies missus wrote:
James W wrote:
jeez!

flatty king and queen,yep sounds good...fergie just has to hurry up and make this fergie & fergies missus business more offical :blush:

that's a hint Ferg :P to put it in fishing terms...not a subtle hint like a "tentative jew checking out your livie"...more like a "bass smashing your spinnerbait" type of hint...

:P

rocket

Archived