Glenlyon Dam - 2nd-4th Oct

Angus

Looks like pcsolution and I will be heading down for a couple of days. Based on the keeness id say we will squeeze in as much fishing as possible!

Any tips from the veterans will be appreciated.

Going with Lee I imagine we will be 90% casting.

Cheers.

Angus

P.S. Feel free to join the convoy anyone that can!

Take your shrimp traps and head to the south western timber (left from the ramp then right before the wall) with some livies. But hang on to your rod becuase there is a cod there that likes collecting Diawa gear and he keeps it all in Davie Jones Locker.

Next tip is - listen to every word Brian the caretake tells you, he is a vault of goodies.

Last tip - don't come home without a cod

Brian D wrote:

Take your shrimp traps and head to the south western timber (left from the ramp then right before the wall) with some livies. But hang on to your rod becuase there is a cod there that likes collecting Diawa gear and he keeps it all in Davie Jones Locker.

Next tip is - listen to every word Brian the caretake tells you, he is a vault of goodies.

It still hurts to speak of it doesnt it mate :P :laugh:

At the moment there is bugger all shrimp in the dam, but plenty in the river. Just remember river is in mexico, so you must follow their rules, and probably need a licence to put your pots in. Good news though is as the river is interstate, you can rtun the legal number of shrimp pots both in the river and the dam! :P

Fish currently near the wall sun bathing in the mornings, Brian and Debbie will give you the good oil when you get there.

I love the first patch of timber as you go upstream, caught most of my fish there. Go just past it for the big rock bar that sticks in to the dam, fish the upstream side of that, there are big caves down there. (or if water low enough you will see them) Good deep water with lots of rocks for the cod the muck about in.

I was tossing up between Glenlyon and the mates place on the Condamine for next week, Figured to do one in September school holidays, the other in December holidays.

Finally what made my mind up was thinking where would I rather be camped in December, air conditioned donga at Glenlyon, or tent on the Condamine? Glenlyon got the December vote pretty quick!

Aaron H wrote:

Brian D wrote:

It still hurts to speak of it doesnt it mate :P :laugh:

Oh yes very very much

One last tip - leave your wife at home and ignore the goats

never know u mite see us lot there.

was having a look 2 weeks school holidays .no work .good time to go camping somewhere.

not sure where yet,only just though of going camping.

will be about the 28/9 to 4 /10 .

going to hang around to fish kooka and check everything the go go go somewhere .

as long as there is water i will camp there.:)

Archived