Gold Coast Jack

stingray

Hey there BRC Anglers.

Well it's been a long time since my last post as i have been MIA.

It was Sunday afternoon not to long ago that saw me make my way down to the gold coast to see what was moving.

First stop was the sand bypass jetty to see how she was looking. Just did the walk on trick to see if there was any tailor or jewfish about and what the other people were getting.

Seeing as it was slow fishing and the jetty folk had nothing to show for time spent i did not see any point to fish it.

So back to the seaway rocks were the fishing was also slow just some small bites and a baby shark.

After that we made our way to one of the canals were the bream were on the bite and very small at that only 2 bream out of a good 20 odd were keepers.

Also caught 2 stingrays a 10cm snapper small flathead and a 43cm Mangrove jack it was fat and just under 3kg.

Tight lines and happy fishing

Post edited by: stingray, at: 2007/03/05 18:16

Post edited by: stingray, at: 2007/03/05 18:19

1st of the shark is a Nervous Shark,Carcharhinus cautus. This member of the Whaler group reaches at least 1.5m in length and occurs in inshore waters of the northern half of Australia.

It was caught on my TLD25 as seen in the pic on a 14/0 hook with a eel that was cut in half and zip tied.

The Jack was caught on a cheap shakespeare firebird rod and reel outfit that's a 4kg rod and a 2 ball bearing reel with 2kg line i think or it may be less.

The bait was a small bit of pilchard tail hook size was a number 4 short-shank no sinker.

hope this helps

Tight lines and happy fishing

Post edited by: stingray, at: 2007/03/08 12:20

Archived