Faulty aerator - Ripped off again

Brian D

Watch out next salesprson that sells me something that doesn't work. I bought on 12 volt areator for the tinnie and it doesn't work - well sort off.:S

It works in a bucket of nice clean water but put it in a bucket full of fish and prawns and it is crap. The little intake gets all blocked up and stops pumping.:angry:

So being the dedicated fisho I am, I grabbed the bilge pump, cut the wires to both the bilge pump and aerator, taped em together and used the bilge pump for the aerator. Worked OK - at least my live bait didn't die. ;)

But now I have to rewire both and figure out a net/stocking tipe trap that stops the scales and junk blocking up the intake. Crap piece of desinging you idiots.

I dare you - sell me something that doesn't work.:evil:

What was it one of those fountain type things? I have seen them for bigger livie tank setups.

I have only used the air blowing ones, in yabbies, shrimp buckets etc. Which reminds me, gotta replace that elcheapo surecatch one, it died at Lenthalls.

I was thinking of setting up an old esky on the bow as a livie tank, and running a pump to just keep overflowing it with fresh water.

Yeah it was a fountian type - piece of crap - it's got a tiny inlet about the size of 5cents. Last about 15 secs in a tank of prawns.

I like that idea - similar to what I did today. The bilge pump was great - just point the pipe over the side and out goes all the crap water. Drop the bilge pump over the side and the hose into the tank and in comes all the fresh stuff.

Problem with bow mount in your boat - it'll take a 5min walk to to get the bait. I like to have the bait in the middle or near by.

Archived