servicing costs on 4 stroke motors

batman

I clocked up 9 hours in the new boat and decided to call a couple of Honda dealerships to get an idea on 1st service and 100hour service costs.

Dealer 1

$175 1st service - 10 hours

$750 100 hr or once a year service

Dealer 2

$270 10 hour service

$550 100 hour service

Deealer 3

$370 10 hour service

$850 100 hr service

These costs include parts and labour.

In the words of Paulene - "Please explain!!!"

For owners of 4 stroke Hondas in particular, what are you getting charged for servicing?

Interesting post. My 40hp yammie (2 stroke) is due for an annula service. Last one cost me $400 and I couldn't see the value. Anyone else used the mobile mechanic? My motor is now out of warranty but I would like to get a record of the service as I like to keep those sort of records in case I want to sell the boat or motor.

Old Scaley wrote:

Interesting post. My 40hp yammie (2 stroke) is due for an annual service. Last one cost me $400 and I couldn't see the value. Anyone else used the mobile mechanic? My motor is now out of warranty but I would like to get a record of the service as I like to keep those sort of records in case I want to sell the boat or motor.

My 40hp Merc gets an annual service at about $430 each. Thats all up and includes impeller, washers, oils and lubes.

So I put a call into the dealer that I purchased the boat from up North and they just laughed and said $750-850!!! Your having a jiraaafe!

They said that even when they do timing belts and a huge service max would be $600 more like $400.

For all you budding marine mechanics here is a gap in the market!

Definatley calling this bloke!

Batty

Archived