Give Yakking on the river a miss I think!

Feral

Do you reckon these blokes will cause any issues for normal yakkers over the next few weeks?

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,26245057-3102,00.html

IE If your launching from Whyte island near the port, will you be meet on your return by a bunch of burley wharfies wishing to have a little discussion about carbon emissions?

Dont think I'd be taking my yak out on the river for a while, wouldn't want to be mistaken for one of this lot. :S

Environmental terrorism, professional protesters waste of space. $hits me to know end 90% of the time they have no understanding of the situation or how it realy effects us. And if I was a buisness i would sue for loss of income. They would start giving there opinions in a more constructive way real soon.

tugger wrote:

we were contracted to depart that ship at o130 this morning and the greenies showed up at lunch time yesterday in their kayaks so that were not going to stop much gave us a laugh at work

Wouldn't get much of a news bite or video for the 6 o'clock news at 1:30am in the morning!

Big brother is watching. We launched from luggage point yesterday and as we were setting up we were greeted by Port security. He checked us out and it was clear we were about to go fishing so he left. As he was heading back to the road he must've had second thoughts because he came back and took our rego number!

Archived