Hinze Dam Winter Event

Angus

I was talking to Steve Wilkes today and in light of the success of the recent Hinze Dam trip he suggested an idea which i think could be pretty sweet.

Would anyone be keen to do an over nighter in winter at Hinze.

We could fish all day and into the evening. Then we could come in, eat fish and chips and tell yarns around a fire with some cold ones. Or being winter maybe a wee dram!

Then maybe get on to water first light chasing Toga and then bass again.

We could go as far as 30 people with the extra tinnies.

I personally thought it wuld be an awesome idea and wanted to put out the feelers and see whats happening.

Maybe sometime June or July?

Let me know what y'all think.

Angus

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2007/03/19 17:00

You bet!

I've done one of Steve's overnighters, and it was great, having a few other people who can fillet fish would also be useful, (It was a father son weekend, and most of the other fathers did not have a clue)I think I filleted and skinned 20 Bass that night in about 15 minutes!

I dont know how Steve would feel about night time fishing its supposed to be daylight only there. I have fished at night twice and had no worries. We launched at the same place as we did on sunday and did not run any navigation lights. There was 3 boats out one Saturday night .

Steve said that the bass bite well in winter and you fish gentlemans hours from 10 to 3.I would imagine that it would be close to $165 as this is what he charges for his father and son weekends for 2 days fishing and accomodation. If you have a look at his website ( sports tuition) you will get a description of the accomodation etc.

Everyone: I am going tot alk to Steve later and see if we cant get a group price.

I will also try and secure Leanne Payne for fly fishing lessons if possible.

Travis: Good call mate. Ill try and make it June to tie it with the AFO Fish of the Month being that it is after all Bass!

Cheers.

Angus

rayke1938 wrote:

Steve said that the bass bite well in winter and you fish gentlemans hours from 10 to 3.I

that means more time for eating and drinking

do you think that steve could take the line class down to six pound or so as we were fishing with 10 or 15 pound i think on sunday

Post edited by: Oztrav, at: 2007/03/21 15:53

Archived