Albert River 19Nov09

fenelious

I took a trip to the Albert for the first time today. A big fat donut unfortunately. :blush: I put the canoe in at Chardon Bridge and paddled (and carried) downstream. I found a nice long deep section that was about 2-3m deep with quite a few fish big and small showing up on the sounder. I was there and about between 12.30 and 3.30pm, tried a spinnerbait, soft plastics, diving minnows, bibless crankbait. Not even a nudge. Now I'm wondering what sort of fish they were showing up on the sounder... they were at varying depths...?

Then I went back to Luscombe weir and flicked about a bit 150m or so below the wall. That was about 4.30 to 6pm. Still nothin. There were a few blokes there pulling in undersized Bass on worms and shrimp.

I spoke to a couple of locals(?) who all seemed to think live baits are the way to go, not lures. Is this true, is it a bit of a waste of time using lures on that part of the Albert?

Can anyone suggest some lures that work for that area, or some spots I should try where the bass are taking lures?

Thanks. Better luck for me next time :unsure:

hi mate!

im one of the locals so to speak and ive caught bass on boath lures and bait!

ive got two bass on lures up stream 10mtrs from the bride! (sx40 clear)

and many on bait around the weer untill i found out the weer was ilegal to fish!

im pretty sure they may have been bass on the sounder but just didnt take the lure!

ive thrown evry lure i have at a spot i new had bass in it but had no luck but as soon as i put on a shrip 10sec later zzzzzzzzz!

i believe if lee (pcsolutionman) or someone of his stature was to fish this area they would clean up un lures!

maybe were not holding our toung write? :P

cheers Ian.

i just had a mate pop in telling me about a guy at the weir with a fishfinder on his yak!

after a bit of disscution we realised it was you he was talking to!

so the info he told you was actualy from my mouth a few weeks ago when i taught him how to catch them! lol small world isnt it!

cheers for the heads up Dazza! i will go through your older posts!

cheers Ian

prial pencil surface lure works well there , also some of the damiki lures like the saimi (spelling) work as well, i think the trick is extra early morning as light appears or over cast days, mind you i have only fished it twice but have landed 12 bass so far on lures! with the prial being the best so far in gold , black top white belly! 7-20091120.jpg

rumrunner wrote:

i just had a mate pop in telling me about a guy at the weir with a fishfinder on his yak!

after a bit of disscution we realised it was you he was talking to!

so the info he told you was actualy from my mouth a few weeks ago when i taught him how to catch them! lol small world isnt it!

cheers for the heads up Dazza! i will go through your older posts!

cheers Ian

Hey Rumrunner small world thats for sure but are u sure it was me ya mate was talking too?

I've never fished the weir itself due to the exclusion zone however I have fished just outside both above and below the zone..... Picture_369.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Rumrunner, maybe you're talking about a guy I was chatting to up at Chardon Bridge - he was collecting shrimp with a couple of mates and he commented on my canoe and sounder. I spoke to a few guys down near the weir later on, but I was on foot then, the sounder was packed away in the car.

Anyway , thanks for the tips.

Rumrunner, maybe you're talking about a guy I was chatting to up at Chardon Bridge - he was collecting shrimp with a couple of mates and he commented on my canoe and sounder. I spoke to a few guys down near the weir later on, but I was on foot then, the sounder was packed away in the car.

Anyway , thanks for the tips.

Archived