12 amp smartchargers $89 Aldi.

rayke1938

Was just down at local Aldi and they have 12 amp 3 stage smartchargrs for $89 suitable for gel cell, sla and normal batteries and also have a 12c cigarette socket that you can run your 12v appliances off. At least half the price you will pay for similar chargers.

On sale till wednesday night . They have about 12 left at victoria point.

Cheers

Ray

bootyinblue wrote:

Well I went to my local Aldi yesterday as per above information and told they have not had them in stock for last weeks, this weeks, or nest weeks catalogue....

Boohoo... perhaps it was just that store, but seems strange :-(

i make them ring all the other aldi's ,till the find 1 for me .

the aldi's i go to are cooper plains ,oxley,booval,yamanto.

they all 20 km or less from me and usually one of the 4 has ,the item still in stock.

same with recpo ,super cheap etc ,if there a product in the catalog i want and they have sold out it's either find it in another close store or make them get it from the other store and i go there tomorrow to get it .

bootyinblue wrote:

Ok I am still on the lookout for a battery charger thing. Question from a complete noob in this stuff, is more amps better, as in 2.5amps, 3.5amps, 6amps.

I need it to charge deep cycle boat batteries and also my Waeco battery back thing.

What should I buy?

booty we just use a ordinary old charger and seems to charge our deepcycle battrie ok ;) al

Are any of your batteries agm or gell cell if so for longer battery life you need a 3 or 4 stage charger.

As for capacity I personally wouldnt bother with anything under 10 amp capacity.

A completely discharged 100 a/h battery that is completely discharged in theory will take 10 hours to recharge at the 10 amps. So if you need to be able to recharge overnight you need a 10 amp charger.

Most of the older unregulated chargers kick out too high a voltage for the AGM and gell cell batteries and damages the plates.

Cheers

Ray

bootyinblue wrote:

Ok I am still on the lookout for a battery charger thing. Question from a complete noob in this stuff, is more amps better, as in 2.5amps, 3.5amps, 6amps.

I need it to charge deep cycle boat batteries and also my Waeco battery back thing.

What should I buy?

Booty i suggest a DEW battery charger or a ctek.

Both good brand not cheap, but worth it ive had both and recommend both.

richard.

Archived