Logan river 23-3

jmac

Decided to try the Logan again as last time was quite good. Hoping to get a jack. Put the boat in and did some cast netting. Wasn't getting much and at one stage the net came off my wrist and I had to use a rod to hook the net back.

It was nearing the high tide and we didn't have much bait so went to the spot last time where we got 5 bream in four casts as well as lots of small baitfish and a few prawns. It is a risky spot as I basically destroyed my cast net there on a snag last time. My mate was using his brand new net and a few casts in he said I've got one, no two , hang on there are 4 bream. Next cast and he got another bream.

We were alternating casts as the boat is not that big and I threw the net in and then got distracted for a second as the boat had drifted a bit close to the shore. I started to pull the net in and it seemed to get snagged. Great I was thinking there goes the net again, but it came free as when I started pulling the net over the boat there was this big red fish in it. We sat there looking at this beautiful Mangrove Jack in the net. When we got it out it measured between 45-50 cm.

Later on my mate snagged his net and now has some repair work to do.

The rest of the day was not that great. Bloody catfish eating the live prawns and baitfish meant for anything else.

Eventually went back to the original spot and tried some lures/SP's and we had one strike which bit off my mates SP.

Next time I want to try where we cast net with the rods. [img size=487]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/untitled2-47a8a88a48a567483efd52b07d784438.JPG

post-509-144598410035_thumb.jpg

Archived