new member introduction

ANU

G'day to all,

I just wanted to introduce myself and clarify my strange location and why I decided to become a member.

At the momnet I live in Canberra where I go to uni but, my family has just moved home to Brisbane, which is where I will now be spending most of my holidays. As a result, I am really keen to learn as much as possible about how/where to go fishing in Brisbane so I can make the most of things when I'm in town.

I hope everyone doesn't mind a southern blow-in for the moment, because believe me I can't wait to finish uni in a couple of years and then move up to Brissy permanently after that.

Cheers, Peter

Mate no worries at all!

Welcome to the site.

We have 12 members from Texas USA so your comparatively local!

Hope you learn a lot and get some fish when your up.

If you do any fishing down that way, we do have a section of the forum for overseas and out of state reports so dont hesitate to contribute.

Good luck and good fishing.

Angus

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to the site, im sure u will learn alot from the guys on here.

Have u wet a line down there? i lived in canberra when i was 12 at duntroon because dad was in the army and my mates and i caught heaps of carp in the golf pond there and the creek leading into the pond, got some huge fresh water yabbies aswell. I remember fishing in lake burly griffen catching monster carp on corn.

When i left canberra they stockrd the lake with murry cod to get rid of the carp so if u havent fished there might be worth a go.

Archived