fenelious

Howdy. I had a mixed session at NP River yesterday. The weather was much like it was on Sunday when I had a good run, but less rain which was nice! - 1016hPa, 72% humid, overcast or light rain, water temp seemed cooler than previous outings though...

I started at about 1550 and it was slow as; got my first hit no hook up at about 1650 on a sp (red/brown Atomic Fat Grub on 1/8oz jighead with jigspin). I landed a 35cm Bass at 1720 on the same lure after trying a spinnerbait and a couple of diving minnows without success. Then at 1810 I hooked something on my cheap Berkley diving minnow - the one the fish seemed to like on Sunday that I posted about - but he snagged me up in some submerged sticks/branches and I lost the fish and my AWESOME lure - NOOOOOOOOOO! :angry: My line broke at the knot where I tie onto the leader (6pd Fireline onto 6pd Vanish) This is the second time that's happened recently.... wondering if I'm tying a dodgy knot (Double Uni knot - supposed to be good for the job :unsure: )

After that debacle and re-tying everything, I was feeling rather dejected because I'd fished for about 2.5 hours for 1 hit and 2 hook-ups, resulting in one fish and a lost lure albeit a $3 one, and it was starting to get dark.... but I got a feeling they were starting to come on the bite and I didn't want to leave on a bad note, so I clipped on my (now becoming) trusty Strike Pro BassX diving minnow, and pretty soon at 1845 I landed another 35cm Bass.

Normally I would've called it a day there, not sure why I didn't because I hadn't planned to stay out beyond dusk. But after chucking Bassy back in the drink and getting my lure out of the net (stupid hooks in stupid net :angry: ) I moved up river a little bit more and pretty soon at 1900 I'm hauling in a Bass that measures right on 40cm, my personal best! Yay! :laugh: (same lure) So now I'm really ready to head home!

So yeah it was a pretty slow session especially at the start, only 3 fish in 3hrs, but I can't complain about a PB.

The spinnerbait was the lure that didn't work for me at all.

Today I used the excuse of the lost $3 Berkley to go to BCF and pick up an Atomic Hardz Crank 38 Deep Diver :blush: Hope it's worth it!

Later trendsetters.

Steve.

Archived