which one??

Dazzamcgee

Some nice rods there. A lot are a bit out of most peoples budget though.

I recently picked up a pflueger trion 2-4kg rod for $99 and am very happy with it. Teamed up with a 2500 sedona it casts beautifully and is a joy to use all day.

Dom

There are plenty of better rods, like loomis and megabass rods, but i am going to agree with cowfish, i got 2 raider rods, very affordable ($99 at tackle show) and they are just the best off the rack rods there are. can't beat em.B)

Kiara: Would you be able to put a price on your spinning rods? I am mostly a Bream fisherman and I'm in the market for a new rod to go with one of my new Asipres so the 2-7lb and 3-8lb rods are what I'm after.

Also do these rods come in lengths of 7ft and longer? By the looks of it the rods only come in 6'1\", 6'3\" and 6'8\". I am also looking at Major Craft and Daiko Trout rods.

Also the price of the Griffon hardbodies.

Troy

Hi All,

As per the advert in the April QFM, AMART are having a Shimano sales starts Sat 7/4/07. They have Shimano Raiders by Ian Miller for $99.00 ea. I work at the Virginia store (Mon - Fri, drop in and see me in the Fishing dept), so I know that this is a good buy (better than staff discount!). There are a couple of different models instore, Rack Raiders and Finnese Bream to the most part. Lots of other good buys in store including Reels, Lures and Accessories.

Get in early on Sat because there will be a line at the door judging by the amount of people checking out this gear during the week. Happy shopping!:cheer:

I know alot of people wont agree but I really like the Penn rods for a good price. Something like the pin point tournament will do the job and at $99 ya can't go wrong. Mo- Tackle has them at $109 but you can get them cheaper. This website is Australia's biggest mail order store and have a massive range of lures.

/>http://www.motackle.com.au/index.cfm?pr=catalogue&category_id=392

What are shimano rods like these days?

I nearly bought one a few years ago, but when I got to the cash register I noticed the tip was not in line with the rest of the runners, on closer inspection the solid tip (last 8 inches of the rod)was lose, and pulled clean out of the rod. I went back down to the rack thinking it was a broken one, and every other shimano rod of that type - the solid tips pulled out as well.

Needless to say that turned me off the rods and I bought a Diawa instead.

Rocket75 wrote:

Hi All,

As per the advert in the April QFM, AMART are having a Shimano sales starts Sat 7/4/07. They have Shimano Raiders by Ian Miller for $99.00 ea. I work at the Virginia store (Mon - Fri, drop in and see me in the Fishing dept), so I know that this is a good buy (better than staff discount!). There are a couple of different models instore, Rack Raiders and Finnese Bream to the most part. Lots of other good buys in store including Reels, Lures and Accessories.

Get in early on Sat because there will be a line at the door judging by the amount of people checking out this gear during the week. Happy shopping!:cheer:

Those Raiders are they 1 piece? I'm looking for a new bream rod about 7'

thanx guy's...at the moment I am using a shimano GTS rod and it a great rod but its a little too chunky in the butt:)...I've had a look at the dropshot and the Tcurve and the tcurve seems to be better made and feels alot stronger than the dropshot.The loomis rods dont feel all that well balanced and feel all to thick through the middle section...as for the rack raider I'm gunna have alook at them before I buy....

I swinging towards the Tcurve at the moment....

thanx again for everyone input.....

Archived