Parsun

Malcolm

bootyinblue wrote:

Probably find its just a rebadged something else anyway.....

Looked at a Great Wall 4wd the other day and its all Mitsubushi under the hood and even has all the badges still on.

Mitsubushi or Mitsubishi ? :huh::unsure:

I've been following an Ausfish thread on one.....apart from the usual waffle it's quite interesting.

Thats a good price for a 2 yr old motor,is it a 4 sstroke Mal?

parsun is chinese made in the city of Suzhou. parsuns are copies of yamaha's.yet murcury motors make some styles of there motors and parts too.

parun uses the design right of the older style yamaha motors so yes the parsun is a bit behind the eight ball technology wise.

parts for parsun outboards are interchangable with yamaha motor parts.

The quality of the plastics used in the fuel system are not so great.and my understanding of the four stroke range is that you cant use synthetic oils in them.

the parsun motors do not have elec.start or trim/tilt correct me if I'm wrong.the pull start is made a bit inferior and is a common part that breaks.so you might need to carry the tools to pull the pull start cowling off and a length of rope :laugh: incase this ever hapens to ya mal.

As rob said look after it and it should look after you.

to prevent the fuel system fouling up on you I would sudgest disconecting the fuel and run the motor to use the fuel up left in the engine before storage between trips.

Mick

• 2 years later...

Hello Everyone

I thought I may jump on this forum and shed some light and make some minor corrects about the Parsun outboard motors.

My name is Garry Baikovas I'm the owner of Island Marine Enterprises which has been working with the Parsun company for over 8 years now and been offering the Parsun outboard within Australia for over 6 years.

Parsun is a Chinese built and owned company. Its locates in Suzhou China in the same suburb as the Mercury outboard factory is located.

The models parts are interchangeable with either yamaha, tohatsu or mercury outboards. All depending on which models you are talking about. Parsun doesn’t have any affiliation with any of these companies.

To make some corrections to Mick above, all the models are interchangeable with the latest models NOT the earlier models. For some reason this is a bit of an Urban myth but it doesn't make any sense Parsun would design an outboard with older technology.

There is no problems with the starter mechanisms. There is no need to take tools so you can start the motor. Just pull the starter and away you go. If you have to take the cowling off the motor it needs to be looked at under warranty.

As far as plastics in the fuel system, all fuel lines aren’t made from plastic they are made from UV stabilised and fuel resistant materials. I've never replaced a fuel line to date.

If there is a problem I've never heard of it and all warranty claims are approved by myself personally.

Parsun is extremely close to releasing Tilt Trim on the 90hp outboard soon to hit our shores. This T/T unit will then be rolled out onto the 40hp 2-stroke and 25hp 4-stroke motors. I've been waiting for T/T for ages now and can’t wait for it to arrive.

If anyone would like to ask some questions about the motors please feel free to ask.

Safe Boating

Garry

Hi Ray

Yes we have a website www.parsun.com.au.

The preson you run into at Hinze Dam was a guy called Ricky Simmons. We sponsour him. Dont think you made a fool of yourself as Ricky has people coming up to him all the time on the dam thinking its a normal outboard. I think Ricky has a bit of fun tricking people.

Here's a youtube click of ricky at a fishing comp
/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g0WkEXQ590

Have a good weekend everyone

Garry

Archived