Tailor (Blue Fish) Fishing Location in Queensland.

blue09

Hi all, I live in Rockhampton-Yeppoon in Queensland at the moment. I recently moved here so I dont know whether Tailor will be existing in its season or not. When I researched from the Internet I noticed that all Yeppoon beach is also included as from Perth till nearly all Queensland beaches. But I also saw that Tailor fishes seen between June and September between Perth and Frazor Island which is 5 hours south of Yeppoon.

Regarding to my experiences tailors like streamy waters like channels, bosphorus and they only spend 1-2 months in same water during beginning and end of winter as they go to cold water in beginning of summer and they go to hotter waters in beginning of winter.

I will be very glad if any of you have any idea if I can catch Tailors along Yeppoon, Emu Mark, Roselyn Bay, and Zilzie beaches in Queensland?

G'day mate. I have lived and fished in and around Yeppoon for 20+ years and never seen a tailor caught. We used to catch a lot of salmon, but no tailor. They were a little further sought as you note. Plenty of other fish to make up for the lack of tailor though :).

Stewie.

stewie wrote:

G'day mate. I have lived and fished in and around Yeppoon for 20+ years and never seen a tailor caught. We used to catch a lot of salmon, but no tailor. They were a little further sought as you note. Plenty of other fish to make up for the lack of tailor though :).

Stewie.

Thank you for quick answer I already was thinking that, tailors wouldnt be in such hot places like Yeppoon. I think eastern beaches in Sydney would be a good choice to catch tailors in Australia as I saw tailors being caught in Sydney. Any ideas just curious?

By the way where do you recommend in Yeppoon for me to catch a salmon ?

As teenagers, we caught many salmon off the Bluff Rocks (a set of rocks off the Yeppon main beach heading North). Conditions change, but I reckon they would be still lurking there. Other areas would be Fishing Creek / Corio Bay. Plenty of other by-catch there too. Near Emu Park there is Cooraman Ck near Zilzie. The ol' man gets a couple there every trip.

Stewie.

thanks alot from that preferences Yeppoon Bluff Rocks ( North ) I think which you mean north side of the main beach where swimming rescue team exists. And is afternoon till evening okay for salmon or should it be night time? Second question, should the tide be up or down? In Yeppoon is it easier to catch salmon when sea is brown color or blue? And is it okay if I prepare same fishing line as I use to catch tailor with bate?

I asked maybe alot Im sorry but I never caught salmon and I like to experience.

I go to fishing since 15 years in my home country mostly I was catching tailors in winter season and pilchards all seasons and kinds of breams in summers.

I will be so happy if you can answer those questions and additionally what should be the legally allowed size of a bream that I catch on the Yeppoon beach for me to be comfortable with laws and be comfortable with not killing the species for our futures?

Archived