Shattered dreams!

nadders

Finally got out for a fish in the river after what seems like a very very long intermission. Anyway it was a great opportunity to test some lures as I've not had a chance to throw them at the mouth until now.

We had a decent session, but my dreams were shattered about halfway through the night lol. I cast at a rock wall, one slow lift/drop and the lure got hammered on the drop, fish screamed off toward the rocks but i managed to lock him down, then he screamed off paralell and suddenly went dead :huh:

easy fight to the side of the boat reveals:

jacksharked1.jpg

jacksharked2.jpg

going from the snout to the pectoral fin measure it would have been around 55cm, but in its current state it only hit the 30cm mark lol :(

while i was crying like a little girl for the next few hours my mate hooked a couple of fish too:

snap1sd.jpg

snap2yg.jpg

jew1.jpg

jew2.jpg

Oh well I had fun, will probably be a while between 55cm brissy jacks and I wish the shark had been somewhere else but oh well, cest la vie

cheers

Dan

friggen awesome!!!!! bahahahahaha i feel for ya but even i would have been spewing about that, such a nice specimen of a jack! great captures on your lures too mate! good to hear you got a chance to get out! keen for a lure session with ya one night in the soon furture!

fergie,

mate they don't glow in the traditional sense of the word but they contain a colouring additive which enhances the way they look in different lights, the colours are multidimensional and change in different lights and angles.

im looking into what other additives can be used for effects such as glow in the dark down the track, but not for the moment

cheers

Dan

Archived