How was Straddy?

Beejay

Good to hear you guys got something out of the trip Brad, I wish the weather had been a little better cos I definately wanted to tag along and give my boat a good run.

I hope the mishap you spoke of wasnt any of you guys getting injured or hurt.

Cheers Beejay :)

Well it was a good weekend. Brad Rob and I arrived on the friday afternoon around 2.30pm and Mark and Meg were already there. After a quick hello we headed down to the boat ramp for fishing. Brad was on fire and got 6 decent sized bream. After 2 snags in succession I gave up, then Rob, Mark and Meg gave up and headed back to camp. We had a few drinks, dinner, a few more drinks then headed to bed.

Well Brad got up early (4am) and headed to the boat ramp and got another 7 bream. Well the rest of us rose at 8.30am and headed off in Marks boat. We did some drifting just outside Amity and it was fun. I got a trevally, a yak and 4 squire. Brad, Meg and Mark got around 4-5 squire each and Brad got a couple more bream. During the end of the session Mark actually caught a dolphin. The cheeky little bugger was hanging around waiting for us to catch a fish then would steal it from us.

Saturday arvo, Meg and Rob had a nap, Brad went fishing off the rocks, and Mark and I drove to point look out to do the gorge walk. Well we got a call when we were half way around the walk advising that Brad has rolled his ankle. So back to camp we head.

Well Brad's ankle is really swollen, but he thinks he's OK and doesn't want to go home. Well by about 6.30 he's in a lot of pain and has changed his mind as he can't walk and his ankle is really sore. So Rob and I pack up in record time and we're off to Dunwich to catch the last barge. We finally make it to the redlands hospital (thanks Rob for being the chauffeur and maneuvering the wheelchair) and after x-rays it shows that his ankle isn,t broken, but he's torn the ligaments and has a small chip in the bone.

Well we got home at 11pm very tired and Brad was still sore. After a few painkillers he went to bed. Well Brad's still feeling sore and is going to need a week off work (poor bastard). But I had a great time and catching some fish was a bonus. Well we didn't keep any fish so we didn't take any photos

the trip was lumpy over to peel island from raby bay but once we were in the rainbow channel it was smooth sailing. we had easterly winds all weekend with it glassed out at amity all weekend the mornings were perfect but it would get breezy in the arvo if you ventured out from the island out near the green beacons in the rainbow. friday and saturday we had a ball as reported great jetty they have at amity now then late saturday brad rolled his ankle and caught the late barge back to get treated. drifted the wall at amity on sunday morning as well with plenty of small snapper and i landed a cod at 39cm and lost 1 nice fish here. we headed back to cleveland around 11am and fished raby bay cannal just in from the entrance and landed and returned a 33cm snapper then got a huge hit on another rod and shook off after about 2 hard short runs think it was a jack.

mark

might have to camp there next time hey,too easy to lay in front of the tv and sleep,i think rob and mooky slept more then the rest of us put together :P sorry about leavin early too,just too much of a hurry to get fishing,i will be there for easter too mark and rob if its good weather may hit outside what do yar think,brad

Archived