Mediterranean Seafood Mix with Carotino Oil

free2rome2

Hi all,

Just thought I'd contribute this recipe to you. It can be of any seafood, whatever you'd like to add actually.

I cooked the dish and got a prof photographer fren to take the pic.. Hope you like it...

Cheers!

free2rome2 B)

Mediterranean Style Seafood with Carotino

Serves 4

An appetizing pan full of colour with different kinds of seafood, fish and shellfish.

Any selection of fish and shellfish can be used - lobster, clams, mussels, chunks of mackerel, steaks of tuna and cod, the choice is yours, just 'catch' enough to fill the pan packed tightly in a layer. :lol:

1 shallot, finely chopped selection of fish, shellfish

2 cloves of garlic, chopped 570ml fish stock or water

Carotino cooking oil salt and pepper

2 or 3 roasted tomatoes Parsley or basil, chopped, for garnish

Pinch of saffron, optional grilled garlic bread, optional

3 or 4 sprigs of thyme

splash of Pernod or your good old whisky (I personally prefer whisky...) :laugh:

Heat Carotino oil in a large pan and sweat the shallots and garlic.

Add roasted tomatoes, saffron (optional) and thyme and stir.

Add Pernod or whisky and tip the pan away, allowing it to catch fire (flambé) and burn off the alcohol.

Add the fish and shellfish and cover with fish stock. Add in salt, pepper and simmer for about 10 minutes.

Remove the thyme and season to taste. Finally, sprinkle fresh chopped herbs and accompany with grilled garlic bread (optional).

Image_0033.jpg

thats a very colourful dish there Jon.it looks a kickass meal for one I reckon stuff the other three guests its all mine :laugh: :laugh: .

I think ill give this a go as at the moment seefood at my local is quality and very fresh and has high turn over of seafood due to lent . Whats the Carotino Oil? has it got a destict taste which makes the dish?

cheers mick.

mick fillet wrote:

thats a very colourful dish there Jon.it looks a kickass meal for one I reckon stuff the other three guests its all mine :laugh: :laugh: .

I think ill give this a go as at the moment seefood at my local is quality and very fresh and has high turn over of seafood due to lent . Whats the Carotino Oil? has it got a destict taste which makes the dish?

cheers mick.

Hi Mick, it not only looks good but does taste good as well... B)

Yeah, stuff the three and have it all... :woohoo:

The picture was taken by a photographer fren of mine and he sort of 'dressed' the pic up a bit. I cooked it of course... B)

Carotino Oil is actually a blend of Red Palm and Canola oil and is rich in natural carotenes and vitamin E, omega-3 and 6 fatty acids, Co-enzyme Q10... full of natural anti-oxidants and good for health especially when I add in the whisky in the recipe (loads of it)... :laugh:

I think you can find it in Coles and Woollies, if I'm not wrong.

Cheers and hope you'll enjoy the recipe... Jon

• 8 months later...

Archived