Any Casual Work?

Cowfish13

Hey guys, I'm just putting this out there because I can't find anything and I have been searching for the last 2-3 months. Does anybody have, or know of any casual positions available?

I live in Tarragindi (Southside), but I have a car so I can drive probably to within a half hour radius of my place. I'm 18 at the moment, and I have a Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) Certificate. So I can work in Bottlo's, Bars and Clubs, but I am open to almost anything else.

If you know of any positions available, could you please let me know and I will be able to send my resume over. I'm currently doing my Bachelor of Engineering at UQ St Lucia so my availability is only about 12 hours a week; however, I will be able to work full-time when holidays are on.

Thanks, I thought it was worth a shot

with a RSA i thought it would be fairly easy to get some hrs in a Bottlo's, Bars, Clubs,liquor barn .

there prob better for non uni hrs ,nights ,arvo's ,weekends .

maybe a labour hire mob could get u something ,weekend or night work.

if u have a day off uni during the week ,u should be able to pick up a days work with labour hire mob.

Thanks for the help guys. I hadn't actually considered working as a labourer, but if nothing comes up until the holidays, some full time days could be good.

Davo: I thought with an RSA, it would almost be a definite job as well, but it seems not :S But, I will keep trying. Has to be some bars around which need someone.

Thanks for that Angus ;)

Sorry to hear..

the job market is poor at the moment.

Bets advice I can give is go around to all the local pubs and bottle shops, leave your resume and tell them your keen to learn, dress clean present well.

Try the big bars, might get a start as a glassie.

Cold canvasing is the only way to go it seems at present.

As far as construction site labouring I would advise against it, its dirty **** work and

is NEVER continuous and its just somthing that was good in its day but is now crap.

But in saying that, put your name down at a labour hire company (Torque,labour power, skilled..ect ect), a bit of civil labouriong might supplement your engineering career.

Henry, I would be, though I am sort of looking for something more permanent and consistent. But if you could keep me in mind that would be great

Hooked_on_trout, it is. And sadly, as an 18 year old with no "official" work experience, I'm not really the type of applicant most businesses will be looking for. But I will keep trying. I'll go for another big drive around tomorrow to all of the bars and bottlo's at least close to my area. Slowely expanding my radius. I'll keep the labouring in mind if I still have nothing when holidays roll around. A few full time days would be pretty good. Tough! but good.

Thanks for giving me the heads up Bri! I will go check it out tomorrow :)

Archived