monduran dam 4th 5th 6th of july

blue_mako

hey guys...

jordans mum took himself and i up to monduran dam for another holiday... its a well known barra dam though we didnt liek our chances being winter.... also because we were in the deepest part of the dam... the dam wall... deep water is alot cooler then shallow water and with out a boat it didnt look liek we had much choice...

first day... we didnt rely have much clue of what to do since it was our first time there... we flicked a few lures before changing to bait... we were using crickets, roaches and live bony bream... the crickets got a nice hit but didnt end up seeing it and the bony bream got eaten with no result...

the second day we had a bit of an idea of what to do and went with prawns as bait... 5 mins in and theres the first 3kg bluecattie for the day... bigger then anyother in the brisbane river... takes quite awhile before the we get the next cattie... around 2 hours or so... this one wasnt as big... around 2kgs... but a good fight thats for sure.... with a few hours left of day light jordan being the idiot with the dumbest ideas decides he wants to swim a few kilometers around the dam with a handline and a lure trailing behind him... for once this idea actualy worked... he got a few decent hits and 1 cattie... it was the smallest for the day but stil a surprise none the less.... the lure was a kokoda liples crankbait in gold colour bouncing along the bottom

the 4th cattie came as my floated prawn got a hit... i noticed my new reel with old rod fal towards the water... as i raced over to it the abu gets a hit and the rod bends down with the drag ticking over.... i get it out of its holder and bang!strate away he takes out the drag i could have swarn it was a barra! i get him a few meters to the bank and he gets me in the timber... luckily out he comes and its another big blue catfish going over 3kgs

the next one also got jordan in the timber and he was just about to swim for it then he swamout... another big bluie around 3kgs...

had to finish early that day to watch origin... what an awesome game!!

the next day decided to give fishing a mis since we were leaving early and we had no bait

all up it was a pretty good trip with some big catfish caught... next time it will be summer and we will bring back a meter plus barra!

troy

Archived