pine river 11/4/07

Troy_79

Hey guys, well i planned to be out fishing by 6am this morning but slept in and didnt get out of bed until nearly 8:) headed off anyway in peak hour so instead of getting there in 35min it took me an hour so i didnt start fishing until around 9:angry:

I fished around deepwater bend targeting bream flathead and whiting and was using bloodworms and fresh prawns as bait, first cast caught a 5cm diver whiting which i hooked up as live bait and withen 2min of casting a hooked a 37cm flattie as soon as i got him to shore my other rod with the bloodworms went off. i was pretty sure it was a bream because it just swallowed the bait straight away but to my surprise it was another flattie this one was 35cm. So i threw both ofthem back.

10min later i caught a 20cm moses perch on the prawns but after that it was dead, just little stuff pinching my bait, there are plenty of sandies out there aswell caught a fair few on my line but they let go i they got close to shore, if only i bought my crab pots along:pinch: Might go backup there on saturday with the pots and try and get a feed of crabs

cheers, troy

Yeah today was the first time in years thati have forgotten my net because i got up late was sort of in a rush to leave home asap, i also forgot my lucky chair.

By the way people were catching crap loads of prawns in there cast nets of the pontoon next to the boat ramp might be worth a try next time im up there

Archived