Goin Fishin at Breaky Creek on Thurs 8/04/09

taib

Hi guys goin to head off for a fish at Breaky creek tomorrow arvo after work at around 5pm, near the jetty there, right on the bend. Trying to break my Breaky Creek Virginity.

Have fished there about 50 times and have not caught anything besides a twig and a few rocks.

Feel free to join me if your free. Will fish from 5pm til about 9.30pm latest.

I will be wearing a headlight, just so you know its me.

Cheers guys.

Ty

Cheers James. Breaky Creek..oherwise known by its proper name- "Breakfast Creek Wharf". Its right next to newstead, only a few mins drive from the brisbane fortitude valley. There has been great catches there by other AFO members... unfortunately i am yet to haul in a good catch there.

Catches have been Jew, threadies, bull sharks, bream, squire just to name a few. I think i just have bad luck there, but keen to land a fish.

Hey james, if you fish regularly and also visit this site often, it might be worth downloading google earth (if you dont already have it). Its a great fishing spot locator. Download software is only a few meg.

Cheers

ty

Thanx for the tip, but couldn't you just do that on google maps? or does it look even better on google earth,

i might have to convince my dad to take me up there soon, sounds like a great spot. have you tried any lures in the area, i am real keen to hook a big one on a lure :lol:

JamesMac wrote:

Thanx for the tip, but couldn't you just do that on google maps? or does it look even better on google earth,

i might have to convince my dad to take me up there soon, sounds like a great spot. have you tried any lures in the area, i am real keen to hook a big one on a lure :lol:

Google maps is good for pervin at houses and checking out streets... For fishing??? Definitely not. Google Earth is way better, It looks better too. Give it a go.

Mate, as for lure fishin at breaky creek... i havent caught anything there yet, hence will try everything i can to try to land a fish (catfish not counted as its counted as a devil, not a fish :laugh: )

Will try both lure and bait tonight. Will post later tonight of results.

cheers.

ty

Archived