Another Sunday on the Pine

Freshy

Hi all headed out again today and thought I’d share my exploits.

Well headed to the pine again, this time with my wife, Justine and my second eldest Kobi whom turned 4 this year. It was a leisurely start getting to the ramp around 10 o’clock. Family loaded and off we went.

Kobi and I at the helm

DSCF0600.jpg

After some tears from Kobi, as it was his first trip out we cruised our way to try a new spot. I had three rods loaded. One a plastic, the second a hard body and the third a pencil popper. Anchor dropped where both lure and bait should do well.

After I’ve set Justine up and cast her rod, I start with the lures. Not for long though as Justine was on to a healthy bream. Fish in, load her up again and then try again with the lures… she’s on again, only this one went straight for the snag and that was that.

So the pattern continued and she was bitten off by what I’d say was another healthy bream. So I saw the writing on the wall… I wasn’t going to get the time necessary to throw my lures today so I joined her in soaking some bait. The bait of choice being the mullet I’d caught a couple of weeks ago that I’d filleted and frozen.

Well then I had some fun myself landing a few healthy specimens. Here’s a couple of pics of the days catch.

Justine and her Bream

DSCF0602.jpg

My haul for the day

DSCF0603.jpg

DSCF0605.jpg

The biggest at 31

DSCF0606.jpg

DSCF0607-1.jpg

And Kobi doing what he does best, eating…

DSCF0604.jpg

Well until next Sunday happy hunting…

Brett

Looks like I'm not the only one catching some bream in the pine now:D

Live prawns flicked against rock walls have been producing heaps of big bream and a few small cod and other bustoffs. A 36cm bream pb a couple of weeks ago and a 34 last week as well!

Good to get them started young too!

Yeah was a great day out... loving the exporing and finding new ground to have a crack at.

Was very nearly spoilt though by a group of knuckleheads with no idea, skiing. I am finding most have zero respect for others on the water let alone those fishing. One of them nearly ended up in my boat.

TOSSERS!!!!

Archived