For Sale 12.14 foot tinny

Smiderman

You are looking at a 3.7 metre “SEA JAY†tinnie, registered to 2/11/10 on a heavy duty Redco trailer registered to 30/7/10.

It comes with a 25HP 2 stroke Yamaha motor purchased new 5/99. LOw Hours The motor has had an easy life, essentially 2-3 weeks a year we'd go up to the Gulf fishing & crabbing and the rest of the time it would sit in Dads shed. Dad gave it to me a few years back when mum got ill requiring his constant care. I'd be lucky to get out on the water 6 times a year. I can't tell precisely how many hours the engine has run but very little in reality. It will start 1-2 pulls from last outing and 1st pull every time (whilst seated) after without fail.

Our GPS said it travels at 42kms (carrying 2 adults say 200kg) on flat water, but in general it's lucky to get beyond 2/3 - 3/4 throttle other than the occasional bust to clean out the cob webs.

The motor’s impellor is about 12 months old, replaced as a preventative maintenance plan rather than necessity still have the old one which is still good as proof.

Bearings are about 2yrs old (repacked 10 months ago) and they are never submerged.

Trailer is galvanised & doesn’t have any rust has a solid axle & 3leaf springs.

The boat & motor never gets put away without being washed down & engine flushed for 5-10 mins. It's stored under the house.

I've up graded the seats and I've made a battery compartment up front under the casting platform. Hull is in good condition no stress cracks & doesn’t leak. It comes with 2 x 20l fuel tanks (one metal & one plastic), spare wheel,2 x paddles, anchor, 2 new life jackets, LED nav lights etc, tyres are virtually new plus the boat has some serious fish catching mojo thrown in for free.

I’m only selling the boat as I got a bargain from my brother in law. If it's a good quality reliable well maintained boat you're looking for this is the one for you!

Happy to take you for a test run with sufficient notice.

Just reduced price On Boatsales.com $4,100 neg 29/5/10

DSCF3230.jpg

DSCF3218.jpg

DSCF3219.jpg

DSCF3220.jpg

DSCF3217.jpg

DSCF3227.jpg

DSCF3231.jpg

DSCF3232.jpg

DSCF3235.jpg

DSCF3224.jpg

shortie wrote:

To be fair i reckon its worth about the $2000-$2500 mark

TonyMac wrote:

I agree. Seen alot better for $3K.

So Shortie & TonyMac what you're saying is that you can fine a well maintained 25HP 2 stroke for this money... I've been trolling boatsales.com.au and there doesnt appear to be evidence there.. plenty of 9.9 & 15hp's and even some of the 15hp are exceeding what I'm asking.

yeah thanks for the feed back

Boatsales is good for bigger pricier boats. For small tinnie bargains search ebay for a month and there are alot of bargains to be had. Ol mate of mine bought 12 ft savage with 25hp Mercury with all safety gear etc for $2200.

But as Rocket says the right person just may come along or split the combo.

You may find the motor might get snapped up for a nice little sum.

Good Luck Mate.

the motor woud still fetch 1500-1800, hull 1000-1250, trailer 1000 if you were to sell seperatly . i was going to consider selling my rig a while which is a 399 proline with long shaft 25 yammy hitech on a fms trailer xtra heavy duty. i only had people interested when i said i might put 4000 on it. i nearly sold but considered what it cost me and thought better off hanging on to and pass down to the young fella in 10 years :)

iwould say yours would defiently go for about 3500-3850

Just to give you a realistic idea.

Stones corner marine currently have 1 for sale. Its 6 weeks old $5990.00

Hull new without any bargaining. $2070

Trailer without any bargaining Registered $1250.00

I also have a feeling that the hull is max rated 20hp.

richard.

a 99 model 25 model motor is worth 1200 max the boat be worth 800 max and the trailer wouldn't be worth anymore than $750,bought the same redco trailer last september brand new with rego from northcoast boat centre for 1100 with 12months rego,i recon $3000 is whats its worth give or take a couple hundred

cheers rosco

Yeah guys I hear what you're saying ........ but I figure small price reductions lessen's the hurt to my back pocket.. eventually it will meet someones threshold .... throw enough burley and something will eventually bite....... I'm patient! :laugh:

Dropped to $4.3k now

shortie wrote:

Just to give you a realistic idea.

Stones corner marine currently have 1 for sale. Its 6 weeks old $5990.00

Hull new without any bargaining. $2070

Trailer without any bargaining Registered $1250.00

I also have a feeling that the hull is max rated 20hp.

richard.

valid info data Richard and good comparison .thanks mate.. ;)

I guess it's a matter of choice paying an extra $1,690 for peace of mind, but still the difference is a quality sounder/GPS and or some good fishing gear or even a heap of repairs if it came to that ... not that it would come to that with this motor.

Archived