Couple of Cod

Leighton

Leighton wrote:

Nasty Cod by catch :P by Marty DSC_1143.jpg

Nice mate!

Horrible by catch though :P

Mate thats 3 stonker Jacks on AFO this weekend.

Not bloody bad for "late season"!!!!

What do yout think marty and leighton? You would have put far more hours into them than me... Good season?

Angus

Angus - pretty good season, although we lost a solid month right in the middle of the season with all the rain and the creeks flooding (pretty sure that is 3 years straight - with this year the worst floods). We both caught more this season than last with about the same amount of effort. This year on average I think the Jacks were bigger.

Nice session for you guys too - good top see a few still getting around. Some people theorise the start and end of the season always produces bigger Jacks and they are more aggressive?

Leader on the Jack was 14lb. All fish caught on lures - the Jack fell to a Megabass Margay.

All fish were released after photographs - too good to catch once.

Marty

Freshy wrote:

Great report boys... just love the look of the old Mangrove Jack.

I wonder, how can something so beautiful be so vicious.

Brett

Brett I'll have to introduce you some of my old girl-friends.

Great report, I'm wanting to get onto a Jack before they completely dry up this season.

Do$tylz wrote:

wholly jeez.. those are some big cod. Woulda taken some good runs on that gear. And all those jack release pictures are awesome beauts. Love how they have the fins upright.

they are great to release but you get no thanks for it, a salt shower is quite common.

chris_stewart14 wrote:

P.s. Marty I have the exact same headlamp.. In my opinion they own every other headlamp on the market.. I've had $90 ones that dont work half as well as those energizer ones.

very true Chris - I know at least one person (on this post) that has headlight envy ;)

Archived