Saturday 1 May 2010 - Kayaking

Terry H

I'm there B) Terry, I will be launching at the beach at the end of the esplanade, after the main ramp at jw.

I was there yesterday and got a few trevally and ropped a jack, at a guess 38cm. He took a surface lure and took a deep dive and the line rubbed against a moored boat and that was it, got the lure back but :woohoo:

hmmm yeh i saw that on the news Marty. I was planning on a beach launch from the northern side of the head..... seems to be the only spot where any decent shelter might be had.

what do you reckon ?

If i get there and it's shite i will prob just hit the Tweed River.....

dunno mate - it has been a while since I have been down to fingal. low tide early in the morning so the waves will be standing up on the banks. the northern side might offer a bit of shelter - especially seeing as it is an easterly swell at the moment?

I contemplated heading out thru the seaway in the tub but have talked myself out of it due to the rising swell and no deckie.

Keen-as-fisho wrote:

I'm there B) Terry, I will be launching at the beach at the end of the esplanade, after the main ramp at jw.

I was there yesterday and got a few trevally and ropped a jack, at a guess 38cm. He took a surface lure and took a deep dive and the line rubbed against a moored boat and that was it, got the lure back but :woohoo:

yep i know the spot. you guys launched there last time.

it the spot i usually launch from too; with blaring music to wake up the houses no less.

Rods rigged and ready to go.

Time to go throw the yak on top of the car.

Getting up at 4am and scootin through the Clem7 on my way to Jacobs in the morn. Cya tomoz Keen as.

What have the trevally been hitting? I've got a popper on 4lbs, a barra lure on 20lbs, a slug on 20lbs (just in case I'm a fair way away and want to hoick one at them! worked last 2 years :)) and a megabass anthrax for jacks/whatever on the surface on 10lbs outfit.

4lbs will be the primary go to rod though if theres any surface action! Nothing but the heavy stuff!

Archived