Heading out this weekend

kmetius

Hi Guys,

Hubby and I are getting rid of the kids this weekend and thinking of loading up the wagon with our blankets and fishing stuff. We haven't really fished much around brisbane (i grew up fishing in perth and my hubby has only just gotten into it)so was wondering if anyone had any tips on where to head for fish (edible) this time of year and what sort of bait we should be using we are landbased and are thinking anywhere within 30-45min from upper mount gravatt. We normally head to the port but the last few days some guy has been where we like to go and is taking up the whole front side ( normally yu can fit about 4-5 people coomfortably there) so we headed to the other side where the bridge is and the current is just pain there not to mention the rocks i have to climb over. We did find another place down around where the office for the gateway upgrde is and the boat moring. Found a couple ( ok more than a couple) bags full of mullet that someone left to rott! Has anyone been there? is there anything besides mullet?

O yea we are mainly after bream and flathead but anything edible that will put up a nice little fight would be good.

Not shark or eel though coz i promise not matter where in brissy you are you will hear me screaming! lol

Manly wall near the coast guard is good for flathead, bream and tailor. (tailor a bit later into winter) also victoria point..the rock wall in front of the coast guard near the floating boat ramp thing at high tide has caught me many a good sized bream and the odd flatty. Tight lines and good luck. Let us know how you get on.

YOU COULD TRY NUDGEE BEACH AREA, IT IS PROB 20 OR SO MINS FURTHER THAN YOU STATED BUT PRETTY ACCESABLE WITH SOME GOOD CATCHES OF BOTH BREAM AND FLATHEAD THERE, AND IF YOU WANT THERE IS A COUPLE OF PLACES YOU CAN PARK RIGHT NEAR THE WATER SO YOU CAN LEAVE YOUR ROD OUT WHILE STILL BEING IN YOUR CAR.

IF THAT IS NOT AN OPTION, YOU COULD HEAD DOWN TO HOPE ISLAND, SACTUARY COVE AREA, THERE IS ALSO A LOT OF PLACES TO FISH ON THE SHORE, THE BEST IS PLACES THERE ARE AROUND THE BRIDGES ABOUT 7K'S EAST OF THE TURNOFF OFF THE M1, ALL OF A SUDDEN YOU WILL COME OVER SOME BRIDGES WHICH THIS TIME OF YEAR YOU COULD CATCH SOME BIG JEWIES OFF OF.

WE USED TO FISH OFF THE FIRST BRIDGE, ONLY ON AN INCOMING TIDE AS THE BRIDGE HAS A FOOTPATH ON ONE SIDE ONLY, BUT WE WOULD COME HOME WITH A JEWIE WELL OVER 90CM EVERY NIGHT, TYPICAL BAIT, LIVE HERRING WHICH YOU CAN CAN QUITE EASY OFF THE BRIDGE WITH A HERRING JIG, COST YOU ABOUT $3

Archived