2010 State Of Origin Prizelist!

AFO

** This thread discusses the content article: 2010 State Of Origin Prizelist! **

2010 State Of Origin Prize List

To all those planning on competing in the 2010 State Of Origin Fishing Compeition! Please find below the updated and complete list of prizes for this event. After carefully considering the valued feedback of our members we have ammended the categories so it now includes 2 more species categories, and a junior category*.

We would like to extend a massive thanks to all of the sponsors who have come on board for the 2010 State Of Origin Fishing Competition to help make this event a great one!

[li]Unchartered Tackle[/li]

[li]Lox[/li]

[li]2 Bent Rods

Flying Fisherman Polarized Sunglasses[/li]

Longest Jewfish/Mulloway:

1st: $200 Cash, a Novelty Cheque & G.Loomis Surf Series (SUR_12678) 10’6’’ Heavy. Fast Action 20-40lb (RRP $800).

2nd: 2 Bent Rods Lure Pack & G.Loomis GL2 Baitcaster (MBR784) 12-20lb. (RRP $400).

3rd: AFO Merchandise Pack (RRP $100)

Longest Bream:

1st: $200 Cash, a Novelty Cheque & Lox Yoshi Series (LS7623) 7'6". 2-5KG. (RRP $250).

2nd: 2 Bent Rods Lure Pack (RRP $100)

Longest Flathead:

1st: $200 Cash, a Novelty Cheque & Lox Yoshi Series (LS7623) 7'6". 2-5KG. (RRP $250).

2nd: 2 Bent Rods Lure Pack  ($100)

Longest Tailor:

2nd: 2 Bent Rods Lure Pack  ($100)

Junior Category:

1st: “Pelagic” Baitcaster Rod. 6’ 4-6kg.

2nd: “Piranha” 3 Piece Surf Rod.

3rd:  Tackle Pack

Lucky Door Fish: $100 & a Novelty Cheque.

Lucky Door Prizes:

# Flying Fisherman Polarized Eyewear Gift Voucher: RRP $250

# Flying Fisherman Polarized Eyewear Gift Voucher: RRP $250

# Bridgestone Gift Pack Courtesy Of B-Select: RRP $100

*Juniors must be under the age 12 to be entered in this category.

Ok team we are still waiting on a couple of people to commit/confirm their involvment but we thought we should get this up now :)

This part of the process always takes far longer than expected with literally hours spent on the phone and nutting out deals via email but I think you will agree its been worth it!

For all those big jew surf nuts surely thats a worthy first place prize :P

More information on the "mystery sponsor" Unchartered Tackle soon!!

Cheers.

Angus

Guys just to pull an sentence straight from the SOO article.

If entry fees are paid before 30th May 2010 the fee is $60 per competitor.

Dont want to harp on about that point but just want to remind everyone that is def going anyway to get in now!

Also from talking to a few people anyway who has not booked a camp site/cabin should jump on that ASAP as well as spots are filling up fast!!

Cheers.

Angus

quick question.where do most people stay(camp)?

if camping can anyone give me a heads up on availabilty, prises,family freindly,amenities?

any info would be appreciated.

cheers, ferg.

oh yeah that was more than one question :dry:

fergie wrote:

quick question.where do most people stay(camp)?

if camping can anyone give me a heads up on availabilty, prises,family freindly,amenities?

any info would be appreciated.

cheers, ferg.

oh yeah that was more than one question :dry:

Hey Ferg,

At the moment the most densely populated area is the Ferry Reserve Caravan Park. http://www.ferryreserve.com.au/

All water front camp sites and cabins are booked out here, although there may be a few other camp sites left.

Due to the larger interest this year I think it will be inevitable that the competition spreads out to other sites. I know for a fact that Do$stylz and Kriso have booked at the Terrace Reserve campsite: http://www.terracereserve.com.au/

I can vouch for this one myself as an awesome spot.

Cheers mate.

Angus

• 4 weeks later...

Travis wrote:

next year should be a yak as a prize ;) not one of those $200 BCF heaps either :P

Kayaks, boats... why not a car :)

You would be surprised how much time is invested getting what we get guys.

With the AFO line up of events growing is popularity the way they are, I am sure we can expect more in the future. At the present stage I think the prize pools vs event outlay for competitors pretty great.

Angus

Travis wrote:

:laugh: Ditto mal...... im sure if they can give tomca a cheap hull and hack the other one with a chainsaw they can donate a yak in return for some advertising ... advertising being me paddling it around :P

True that!

Angus

• 4 weeks later...

Archived