Time for another FNQ report

bmxdirtjumpa

Been fishing heaps lately too many stories so I'll let the pics do the talking!

P4210085.jpg

P5110173.jpg

P5110171.jpg

Did a bit of diving on an inshore reef from my punt to get these

P5160210.jpg

Did an overnighter to lakefield national park and got my PB barra...still not a legal one landed yet...they really know how to unhook themself

TheShitWeDo00035.jpg

10knots and seas less than a metre...means I'm going to the reef this weekend! :D

Crazy walrus - Yeah mate based in cairns

Nadders - This is the only photo I've got of one but this is one of the smallest I've seen, mainly seen the big boys bit over 4m

P5140189.jpg

Fishingnut - I haven't actually fished the mulgrave for a while...with all the rain we had over the last few months its been totally fresh with not much happening...

Also I knocked off work at 12 today and with almost glassy waters I headed to the frankland islands for a fish and a dive...the only cray I saw managed to get away up his hole and my mate got 2 parrot fish...while we were sitting in the boat there were some totally random boils goin on around us that lasted all of 5 seconds...Threw the first cast out with a little gold halco twisty and I was on! Boated a little 60cm doggie mack!!

Heres a couple photos of the arvo

A sea eagle we fed a couple of fusiliers to...awesome to watch

P5240261-1.jpg

P5260278.jpg

P5260284.jpg

P5260289.jpg

Swimming with all the turtles down there was pretty cool

P5260287.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome post mate!!!!!

I'll be heading up that way for a week in mid August.

We'll be based in Cairns proper, minutes from the main marina.

Any good options for fishing Trinity Inlet??

We'll be looking at boat hire for the inlet.

Know of the "better" reef fishing charter operators out of Cairns??

Would love to get amongst some big Reds, Coral Trout and the like!!!!!!

Cheers,

Simon

Simon,

I'm a Cairns-ite and recently joined the site as doing a bit of research on the Brisbane fishing scene, as considering moving down there.

For Trinity inlet in August; reckon your best bet is if you can get yourself some live prawns, anchor up in the deep water off the sugar wharf on low tide, for fingermark etc. Don't come too close or the Navy will chase you off. Either that or head out to the leads and do a troll for doggy mackeral. Failing that, just go where you see the charter boats as they're usually in the know!

tiotony wrote:

Simon,

I'm a Cairns-ite and recently joined the site as doing a bit of research on the Brisbane fishing scene, as considering moving down there.

For Trinity inlet in August; reckon your best bet is if you can get yourself some live prawns, anchor up in the deep water off the sugar wharf on low tide, for fingermark etc. Don't come too close or the Navy will chase you off. Either that or head out to the leads and do a troll for doggy mackeral. Failing that, just go where you see the charter boats as they're usually in the know!

Welcome to the site mate.

Angus

Archived