QLD Drivers Licence $150 rip off- Online Petition

Death Ray

so if these are micro chipped and fake proof , does that mean all you need is the license as proof of identity :S

Or will you still need a - phone bill

electricity bill

bank statements

pay slips

credit card

aswell as the license to get the " 100 points of I.D " quota for anything :cheer:

Signed. I too am sick to death of EVERYTHING going up, especially fuel :angry: it would be nice if wages went up, but it would be even better if there was no under cutting going on in the building game so we could all make a profit, cause at the end of the day who goes to work for the love of it? Polatics sux, plain and simple, I miss you johny.

I was paying 1.45 a litre in NSW 4years ago.

Fuel has not gone up that much, it dropped for a while when the recession hit.

As far as rego goes, from memory when I got my licence (yes I lost it) it cost

30 dollars for the license and 15 dollars for an admin fee.

I think it depended on the time you got it for, like 2, 3 or 5 year license, it got cheaper with the more years you forked out for at the start.

But it seems to have a 200% increase, which is just a money grab with out a doubt and displays poor planning and financial management.

EDIT: I only wish my wages have doubled, the licence fee isn't means tested on how much you earn shortie so there is no argument there.

Some resourceful people may have had their wages double, but there are many battlers who have had their wages halved.

My rave

Cheers

Terry H wrote:

The current 5 year licenses are $73. The increase is 100%, not 200%.

Yes but you have a 2,3 or 5 year option.

I was referring to my option that cost approximately $50.00, I think it was the 3 year option.

So that would be a 200% increase, if I was paying 50 before and 150 now.

Does anyone know what does the $150.00 cover, the 5 year option.

Anyway 200% is still a massive increase by anyone's standards.

It's ok Terry, I have worked in science field previously, and picked up some rudimentary math.

cheers

Guys I think we have gotten quite off topic here.

In my view the licence increase is unwarranted. Thats why I posted the petition. Thanks for those interested enough to sign up.

For those who don't wish to sign up, thats fine also. If you don't think this is a worthy cause, thats not an excuse to rip into each other for the sake of it.

Again, thanks for those who have signed up, and to everyone else for reading.

so what happened to the monthly crab pots /stolen /share farmers rant and rave ?

is this thread this months replacement ?

so licenses go up in price ..............that's life .

the price of stuff goes up quicker/more that wages .

pretty sure its been like that since BC days .

it goes up ,1 will still pay it cause i want to drive .

Death Ray wrote:

Guys I think we have gotten quite off topic here.

In my view the licence increase is unwarranted. Thats why I posted the petition. Thanks for those interested enough to sign up.

For those who don't wish to sign up, thats fine also. If you don't think this is a worthy cause, thats not an excuse to rip into each other for the sake of it.

Again, thanks for those who have signed up, and to everyone else for reading.

good call :)

the biggest waste I think is the Bligh initiative for the waste water pipe line to WD. I can not remember but I thought we spent a billion on it. Nobody wanted it when they started it and it did not change then just before they where due to turn it on after spending all that money Bligh when she is now in the premiers job goes well actually we will not use it. Sorry for spending all that money but i want to keep my job. Popycock I say.

The recycled water is still being using for 3 power plants, and is intended for agriculture/industrial use. They will use the water if water levels drop below 40%.

I think its a bit silly to be honest, there's nothing wrong with the water, why only use it when water below 40%? seems crazy to me. And why? All because a few people have a paranoia about the fact they're drinking "recycled water"

So at least the plant isn't a total waste... But it is a bit crazy to think there was a fair coin spent on it and its not being used to its full potential.

Oh well, at least Traveston wasn't built! Although this was no thanks to Anna...

Not sure on exact dollars crazywalrus, but Wikipedia has put the Western Corridor Recycled Water Project at $2.5billion. But that figure includes Bundamba and Gibson Island recycling plants (not just Luggage Point)

What amazes me is that Anna is blaming the world finiancial crisis for all the current problems.

If the QIC ( The investment arm of the Government) would have stayed within normal prudent guidelines that the Government enforces on friendloy societies and other NFP organisations they would not be in their current mess.

Risk management and corporate governance are words not in their vocabulary.

The best part about it is that they name a bridge after the bloke at the helm.

Cheers

Ray

The dam was at 14% when they put the pipeline in, noone really had a choice and If I remember rightly people were up in arms and protested/voted against it.

The government at the time, Peter Beatie just said well your getting it, you got no choice.

It's all really dependent on membrane technology now, to make it safe.

cheers

Personally I did not have a problem with the recycled water being added to WD. My issue is that the decision to can it was based on saving someones political skin. WD is one of the biggest biological filters and would have broken down anything that entered the dam from the pipeline. There is already a lot of recycled water entering the dam from any council sewage works upstream. I can remember when I was growing up there where regularly raw sewage released into the Mazlin Creek that flowed into Tinaroo dam. Noone had an issue there.

I think there is an issue with using the water for Agriculture. I believe the water is carrying to much salt but I may be wrong there.

I think there is a lot of wastage and a lot of political expediency when it comes to decision making.

This has diverted somewhat from the original post. If I can make some comment on my earlier post. I realise that the increase from 75 to $150 dollars may not seem like a lot of money for us and as a one off it is not much for a pensioner or low income person to pay. My point is that the old license is adequate and I do not think the other states are changing as well. Groceries, rent, utilities, fuel and everything has been going up quite considerably however the pension has only increased marginally. So to increase the cost of a item like a license that considerably when the other license is doing the job I think is a little rich.

Just my thoughts Ted

crazywalrus wrote:

Personally I did not have a problem with the recycled water being added to WD. My issue is that the decision to can it was based on saving someones political skin. WD is one of the biggest biological filters and would have broken down anything that entered the dam from the pipeline. There is already a lot of recycled water entering the dam from any council sewage works upstream. I can remember when I was growing up there where regularly raw sewage released into the Mazlin Creek that flowed into Tinaroo dam. Noone had an issue there.

I think there is an issue with using the water for Agriculture. I believe the water is carrying to much salt but I may be wrong there.

I think there is a lot of wastage and a lot of political expediency when it comes to decision making.

This has diverted somewhat from the original post. If I can make some comment on my earlier post. I realise that the increase from 75 to $150 dollars may not seem like a lot of money for us and as a one off it is not much for a pensioner or low income person to pay. My point is that the old license is adequate and I do not think the other states are changing as well. Groceries, rent, utilities, fuel and everything has been going up quite considerably however the pension has only increased marginally. So to increase the cost of a item like a license that considerably when the other license is doing the job I think is a little rich.

Just my thoughts Ted

Water sources in the country have been using river water or drinking while upstream it has been used for sewerage disposal by another town for a long time.

Apparently there are some chemicals that some claim the Dam will not attenuate.

But I do not think much has been proven.

eh..sorry I am way off the topic :blush:

cheers

1261-09 Vehicle registration 20% increase 25/11/2009 100010 26/11/2009 Hon Rachel Nolan MP 27/11/2009 04/01/2010 11/12/2009

that is a petition about the increase in vehicle registration cost. Heaps of people signed the petition. And it did SFA. Is putting your name on an e petition going to stop anything. I dont think so.

But good luck with that.

shortie wrote:

1261-09 Vehicle registration 20% increase 25/11/2009 100010 26/11/2009 Hon Rachel Nolan MP 27/11/2009 04/01/2010 11/12/2009

that is a petition about the increase in vehicle registration cost. Heaps of people signed the petition. And it did SFA. Is putting your name on an e petition going to stop anything. I dont think so.

But good luck with that.

I agree it will probably do nothing but at least people have some avenue to protest. At least they can feel a little bit better having done it.

Archived