will this work?

kriso

hey dudes

i have recently bought some lures hb's and sp's and so forth. now i see alot of talk about line choice

i never fished bris river but thats where i intend to start. my set up is a pen 7ft rod with fuji guides

and reel is a pen pg7000 power graph II. the line it came with is penn spinfisher monofilament. and is 20lb wich i know is on the heavy side and is bright pink.

Will i be all right using the rod and reel combo and what line do you recommend. as for new stuff i dont have a big budget as i just bought a house ( wich i will probably fire you a email about angus as from what i read your in the property game). and will probably buy from ebay so if you have bought any of the required off ebay can you let me know.

cheers fellas

Allright, well, if you could, try get some braid. You're right it is a bit on the heavy side. Max poundage for bream with braid around brissie is 8lb but I would use 4 or 6. Fireline isn't actually a braid but still give it ago! much better casting distance and sensitivety for when the bream don't want the whole thing. Then add a light mono or flurocarbon leader and your away!

Good luck!

Archived