Bomed Out At MUD

Lozzel

Left home early and got stuck in traffic.Arrived at Boat Passage at 6.30 am, Headed out of the River, came arround the point and ran into a meter+ chop and a stiff southlery. Pushed onwards at 1/2 speed and got soaked from spray.Arrived at Mud Is (wet & dishearted)but was going to give it a try.

Went to the Southern end where troy was yesterday,but was toooo chopy so headed for the protection of the Northern side, Thats where all the boats headed for.Any way we got Bricked ,whatever they were 6kg & 10kg couldnt hold them.Glenda lost 3 rigs & 2droped ,I lost 2 rigs and a couple droped.Caught 1 snapper at 40cm and 3 under sized & 2 undersized sweetlip.Lost count of how many G*@&%INERs that wont be going back. Kept a couple for shark baits at Kooka.

Came back at 11am and fished the Sunken wall for awhile, pulled out at 12.

Still having fresh Snapper for tea tonight,so wasnt all bad,and had a good reeccy of the place for next time. ;)

No pics didnt take camera out of the bag as I thought we wrer going to get RAINED on ,everywhere out there but not here. :(

Yea poly ,still a good day. We ended up fishing the North eastern corner ,drifting between the markers,and dodging crab pots. :angry:

Troy; Saw a couple of bigguns come in on SPs. Next time will def be useing them, OZ gave me a loan of some DVDs to show how to use them prop.That & practice. :P

Loz, if it's any consolation took the young fella and the missus out on Anzac Day and tried just about every spot from Woody Point right across to the Port and got precisely diddly squat. Went back inside under the Hornibrook and promptly started pulling in undersize flatties and whiting marginally larger than the hook they were caught on! Sometimes ya just can't win - but at least you caught a feed!B)

Oztrav wrote:

yeah cliff fishing is funny like that sometimes you just have to have everyything right to even get a fish other times you can go out and the fish are just on weird huh

Too true mate...put's me in mind of my father-in-law who (according to him anyway) pulls in bag-limit catches of pretty much everything, but strangely only when he's fishing alone. Hmmm.

Archived